BC Boards

How to I allow/teach my BC to relax/calm?

23 hours ago, Dinkle said:

Oh dear....perhaps go back and read the thread before jumping on me?...I am not the OP.  I responded to the op with a perfectly nice training game that they may wish to try with their pup and because I DARED to use the word 'herding' in the title of my game I was taken to task...so in fact it was me who was trying to be helpful and someone else who took offense at my terminology that they deemed inappropriate and then insulted me by calling me uninformed and foolish...I'm afraid your response and speed to back up another 'senior member' without verifying your facts only reinforces the reasons why I stayed away from this board for so long.  I am the one wishing that I had never tried to be helpful at this point.

I was replying to you and not to the OP, Dinkle. 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:27 AM, Dinkle said:

I signed up to this board some years ago and was put off by  attitudes then by some who clearly spend a lot of time on here and consider themselves authorities, so it has taken me a few years to return.  I see some things never change.  Regarding the remainder of your post - interesting to see your explanation, it's not entirely correct of course, but interesting nonetheless.  Thank you for calling me foolish and uninformed (and whichever way I read that, it's what you intended), I am far from it but you were so busy being pedantic that you missed that

This is the post of yours to which I was replying.  

On 2/2/2019 at 3:35 PM, D'Elle said:

Well, Dinkle, the folks on this forum have spent many years working with border collies and advising people who have them. Everyone is here because we love the breed and we want to help other people who may have less information or experience with these dogs than we do. Many of us spend time every day replying to people's questions here because we want to help, and you came here with a question because you needed help. We have done our best to help. If you want to get insulted and over react to the things people say then maybe this is not the right forum for you. If you can stop taking things so personally and choosing to take offense, you will have the opportunity to learn a great deal from people here, some of whom actually are authorities on the breed. I am not an authority myself, but I know oceans more now than I did years ago when I first started posting and reading here, and everyone here has been supportive and helpful to me. Sometimes I didn't like what they had to say. Oh well. I got past my urge to take offense or to be hurt and listened to the meat of the information that was being given to me.  I learned something each time. If you cannot take the information that is being given in the spirit it is given you will miss out on a lot that will help both you and your dog. It's up to you of course. If you'd rather respond imagined offence by slinging insults at the people here then you can't learn anything from us, and we can't learn anything from you and your experience either. I suggest you put down your sword and shield and join us.

Then why did you write that I had come here with a question looking for help?....you got it badly wrong and don't even have the good grace to acknowledge this and apologise.  Incidentally I never once came here looking for help - I only ever offered suggestions or support to other users and in doing so I never belittled or criticised the advice or suggestions of others....

I was the one insulted and yet you accuse me of insulting others.  You are so far wide of the mark and seemingly entirely unwilling to even read the post properly.

I'll leave you to your board now.  I feel utterly disgusted by yours and GentleLakes' behaviour.  You are both rude, arrogant and misinformed in your attitudes. Perhaps before you both criticise others, you could take a look at your own behaviour.  Good evening to you - enjoy the rest of your weekend