BC Boards

Redirecting Excitement On Other Dog

***EDIT: I accidentally posted this twice. Please reply to the other post!***

Hey all, 

I added a 1 year old male BC to my home back in August. He is from a rescue and before that was dropped off into a shelter for the classic reasons. 

He is a very friendly guy and pretty much a blank slate with much of his behavior. 

He has, however, been very controlling of my older girl at times. He will shove her with his body and bite her rear end and back legs to get her to play with him or to get her to do what he wants. 

Likewise, the excitement from people walking into the door causes him to redirect onto my older girl and tug on her hind legs/bite her rump. 

Outside, he has run full speed at her and rammed into her in addition to the other things mentioned above. 

Sometimes my girl will just go ahead and play with him. When she does not want to play, she will growl at him, but this entices him to try even harder. And she will simply not reprimand him for this at all. She just looks helplessly at me and waits for me to intervene. 

This behavior is unacceptable, but I have never dealt with anything like this. 

He gets mental and physical stimulation and we have been working on impulse control games. 

Any ideas of what I can do to stop this behavior? I do not like herdy behaviors directed onto other dogs. 

So far, I verbally interrupt him and redirect him to do something else when he does this. I give him down time in a crate away from my girl and I let them outside separately. Sometimes I will tether him to me. These work for management, but I don't know if anyone here has better advice! 

Thank you!