BC Boards

Zoey - My first Border Collie

Little backstory first:  I had no clue what a Border Collie was approximately 1 year ago.  Never really was that interested in dogs period either. I knew my brother had a Border Collie for about 4-5 years, and always used to tell me stories about her, but I still didn't really have an idea about the breed.  Then this past Christmas, I actually got to meet Daisy.  I fell in love with her instantly, and the rest is history.  7 months later (after doing a lot of convincing to my wife :D), in mid July, I went to the breeder to pick up my little 8 week old puppy, Zoey.  I used that time to do a ton of research, and needed to figure out how to make my situation work (we live in an apartment), and so far everything has been going really great. 

She's actually almost 14 weeks now, but I'll start with some photos from the first couple weeks or so.. (sorry, I was lazy and mostly took cell photos during this time, lately i've been using my DSLR and will post those later)

Day of pickup- we picked a little Red/white female with a mom known for her agility skills, which we plan on taking up when it comes time..

ixlwDoU.jpg?1

She slept a lot those first couple weeks

9g7NojO.jpg?1

sobj6qR.jpg?1

We started socialization really early, which started at my parents house.  We take her there often to play in the backyard and interact with their German Shepherd (which is great with other dogs)

Dc59VnG.jpg?1

ugM8dqX.jpg?1

She got to go to work with me (which is a dog friendly place), and meet a million people, here's Zoey with Dad around 9 or 10 weeks:

9tvScTP.jpg?1

We started basic obedience training/crate training/play very early too

bkXNiXR.jpg?1

cLuQ7p2.jpg?1

Crate training was fairly easy with her, a huge YES! moment was when she went to take a nap in her crate willingly (door open and all)

vk2crst.jpg?1

Here's a few more random photos from 8-10 weeks

5N9fUMp.jpg?1

iSPyALB.jpg?1

tY0Et9E.jpg?1

mNsmBqW.jpg?1

More to come soon!!

14 hours ago, Lawgirl said:

She is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for the photos, although it is giving me puppy envy.  Keep them coming!

Thank you! Let's see, here's some pics from 10-12 weeks.  We made our 3rd vet visit, bought more toys, and started learning more commands.  Zoey is pretty strong at: Sit, down, stay, touch (with nose), shake, play dead, go to bed (crate).  She's OK at : Come, spin (left and right), place.  Shes horrible at: Nice Leash walking :D.

gRzzKCc.jpg?2

mMVML2g.jpg?4

MYG5g5w.jpg?1

aXELXVu.jpg?1

One of her ears started to perk up, still not sure if the other one will follow.. at 12 weeks we took her to get her 3rd set of shots,  she doesn't mind the vet, for the most part she's pretty relaxed when we go, and she does pretty well in the car (she gets fun stuff like kongs and bully sticks in the car)

CuL9Ner.jpg?1

yWIjdlC.jpg?1

hVNgsUX.jpg?1

BvK8Xxa.jpg?1

With that, i've started allowing her a little more freedom and she gets to go run around and play at our apartment "dog park"

wRgFIcv.jpg?1

eRPD96H.jpg?1

3J50lfM.jpg?1

More to come later including some much better DSLR shots..

10 hours ago, amc said:

What a gorgeous pup, and it looks like you are giving her a wonderful start on your journey together!  Keep the pupdates coming!

Amy

6 hours ago, urge to herd said:

Ooooh, those wonky ears! And that sweet little pink belly! She's adorable ~ thanks for sharing the pics.

Ruth & Gibbs

Thank you both!  Her ears are definitely wonky.  She's been growing a lot lately and I am very curious to see how big she'll end up being.  Here's some pics of her from the last couple weeks.  She turned 14 weeks old yesterday.

QeEiIWp.jpg?1

u9VbNvr.jpg?1

dihZqzk.jpg?1

J9fSHnL.jpg?1

Vevoesn.jpg?1

Fkb8Xdi.jpg?1

6ASmzMw.jpg?1

plqBWgI.jpg?1

U3YTkYE.jpg?1

1cTM6lZ.jpg?1

g5p5fjG.jpg?1

LxwLLxF.jpg?1