BC Boards

Video! Dazzle's runs

From about a month ago. I was going to load them onto putfile.com but then Dogster came out with a new video thing so I just put them on Dazzle's dogster page.

This one is a video (with music just because) of Dazzle doing the 3 courses at the ZAP 2006 fun match (2 jumpers and one regular):

Video 1

And this one is a music video thing I made from all her runs at the fun match, mostly the highlights.

video 2

By the way, when Dogster made the video low quality, it really made the songs sound, well, not-so-great. But, you get the idea of it! Enjoy. oh, and her first trial (this November) just got the premiums out! So I am signing her up for her first ever NADAC (or any) trial - at last! I can't wait! :rolleyes:

Enjoyed the video's Kat - - she has GREAT weave entries - I love the one where she has to go out and around to enter -FANTASTIC!!

Don't cha love a dog with good contacts?? The one where she went off the end and knew she had to get those '2' back on is a kick - try... try ..okay.. there mom!!

My trainier's border will slide off the end of teeter sometimes and will pull the teeter back down with her back feet - - cracks me up everytime!!

Dazzle is lookin really good - she has such nice directionals from a distance - Tess isn't quite there yet - but hopefully we will get to that point - less running for me!! Does she have 'lefts' and 'rights'?? Am starting to train Tess on those........

Good luck at the NADAC - where are you trialing?? Tess and I will be at the Wenatchee AKC in October - no other ones planned until then - -

From those videos I am sure you will both do GREAT!!

Maggie, Tess and Roz

Kat, thanks for sharing these videos! Dazzle is SOO fast! And she's amazing at following the instructions! I was realy impressed on how she would stop at her "contacts" (I don't know much anything about agility, but I see that's how the others are calling them :rolleyes: ). And the time she got down too fast without stopping, and she had to back up and stay on the "thingy" :D

What a great dog she is! I love her!

Nice distance work! I should take pointers from you lol - Maggie is slow enough that I can generally run with her but I doubt my next dog, who will be picked esp. for agility, will be so obliging.

Thanks guys!

I taught her contacts with the clicker, just teaching her the "touch" command, then I just faded the "touch" so she does it every time. Now I am working on making sure she can also do a quick release and not stop. Weaves I taught with wires, channels, 2x2, the clicker, AND v-channel weaves! :rolleyes: I was afraid that I really messed her up by doing that but I guess it worked. :D The only thing I NEVER did was lead her through with a lure ? I didn?t want to mess up her distance for later.

She has a Left and Right, but they are not great. Still working on that - hopefully she will have them down before her trial. I do more with her "out" and "here" which are really good.

Everyone laughed when she would get back on her contacts - it is pretty funny if she can't find them! If she falls off the teeter, she jumps up and gets it down with her front paws then gets back on! :D

The ZAP NADAC trial on thanksgiving weekend at Argus Ranch is the only one I have planned for now. Premiums are not online yet though....

And Anda (or any other not-really-agility people) thanks for looking and understanding somewhat! :D

Hey Kat....

A new friend was out at our place this week and showed my wife the two back feet on the yellow training technique. When she got back from a trial today I showed her your video and she was VERY impressed.

I see you're in Western Washington state... just want to warn you that there's a VERY wicked person who recently moved to Seatle who might be a good person for you to hook up with. Of course, she'll Rave and Rave about this and that, but it's worth putting up with.

Oh, if the former RTPHokie sees this, I received full payment for trash haulin' services today, so Monady I'll let the sheriff know I'm not filling charges.

And, gotta brag, MDW got three out "Q's" and two blues in her runs today -- not bad at all!!

CCnNC

Kat, You have done awesome work with your boy very very very nice! You will have no problem with NADAC courses. nice distence work I would like to ask if you can work with your boy close to you for some of the harder courses you may need to have a close or com in comand.

Have you ever thought of a runing A frame. ?

Bobh

LOVE the videos. You ( Kat )look sooo cool - I love the way you are working her from a distance.I'm still not going to agility class, but I'm working Dylan from a distance too around trees and homemade jumps and stuff, and it is such a thrill. I wish we could train with you guys.......... The only time I went to see agility here, everyone ran with their dogs.(I'll have to go again soon and watch more carefully as I know a bit more now..) ( Bobh - Dazzle's a GIRL :rolleyes: ). And her back ups onto contacts are so cute ! Anyway, I think you are a great team - both of you very lucky. Thanks for posting them. I thought Bobh's question is interesting - the running a-frame. Bobh, why do you ask ? I have read that "2 on" can be hard on larger dogs backs ... is that why ? It does look uncomfortable. I haven't taught Dylan the a-frame yet, and am wondering how to do it - I may ask for a down at the bottom. ( He does 1 rto on the teeter/plank )

I thought of doing running contacts on everything, but I decided to just work on a quick release.

The reason being, every time she goes over a contact equipment she will stop, and sometimes that could give me time to get into a different position that would be hard to do otherwise. So sometimes I actually keep her there so that I can move without causing problems. Then if I did a quick release as soon as a few feet were in the contact, I would have that option too. Yet another reason, by doing the 2o/2o, she judge is less likely to call her on her contacts.

Bobh, what do you like about running a-frames that I might not be able to get with a quick release?

And yes, we have been working more on close tight turns as well. Everyone has been telling me that it won't be more then a couple trials before she is in elite and I will need to work closer so we have pretty good close-work too. However, I don't want to work on that too much before her first trial - because she will be in Novice I want to make sure that she will be driving through the long, straight, boring times between the obstacles without constantly looking for more turns and to be working close. :rolleyes:

And Zoe, I did that too! working around trees, and stuff like that! :D

Kat,

You are young and look to be in shape. You have awell trained ,fast dog . I think you could drive your dog more like marcus Topps, Linda M. and so on.

I have not done NADAC since all the new changes , but prior to the changes I got board with it because my dog would run the courses without being challenged , she could go out and do the courses with out me.So not much of a handling challenge!

I have a 2o2o position for my dogs because I am Old and slow . If you have a 2o2o that is fine but as you quick release more and more your dog MIGHT become more and more confused as to what you want him to do.so he may start to creep down the AF or stat jumping off, I have seen this happen .If you have aruning AF than the dog knows that he drives all the way down thur the yellow contact.Aruning Dog Walk is harder because of the angel of decent. A runing AF is all so easier on your dogs shoulders .

As to working close If you look at all the top USDAA and AKc handlers most drive there dogs and use ditance to get to were they need to be fot the next part of the course using lateral distence.

You and Dazzel look awesome ., you should be proud of yurself and your dog you have done a good job, Go out and have Fun !

bobh

I will think about that bobh. I think that we should maybe get out of Novice before we make any dissictions about how to win nationals! :rolleyes:

I have seen Marcus Topps runs, I know Barb Davis, and several other "good people" like that. Most of them have running a-frames. Maybe once we get a few trials under our belts I will think about re-training her a-frame.

And thanks guys for all of your compliments!

Our agility barn just switched from 2o2o for the teeter to 4 on - which is something my GSD/Chow did automatically anyway (she likes to sit at the end) since she was initially afraid of the teeter movement.

River is still afraid of movement/sound but the week before actually walked down it for the treat at the end

Was Dazzle slow in the first 8 wks of her training? Ie. not rippin through say tunnels? River's my first 'fast' dog I've trained and am assuming she'll speed up like when she returns a fetch.

Thanks for the vids Kat, always love seeing runs

At fisrt, tunnels were like torture for her! She HATED them. It took a good 2 weeks for her to go happily through them. Then it took another few days for her to go fast. All I did was throw a tennis ball for her when she had to go through them and that got her to go fast quick!

The more the dog understands what this "agility" stuff is all about (and that it is all fun), they will get faster and faster. Also, in the begining, don't worry about mistakes for the first few months. Only once the dog knows all the equipment would you need to start correcting things like contacts, and sequences. Just keep on working and River will be the fastest dog in no time!

Cool, thanks! Tonight is our last night of Beginner I class. We'll start the next level next week which starts sequences of obstables. I've made it to the 4th level class (yes you do repeat classes until you are ready) with my other dog (she can't compete cuz she doesn't fully weave & she doesn't jump her jump height), and she only ever barely runs the courses - which is slower then I can run :rolleyes: .

They are 8 wk sessions - but will sometimes run longer due to cancelled classes/holidays. Classes are cancelled due to too hot evenings. It's in a barn. But 8 classes per session.

Yah.. I don't mind showing off, cept River is the 3rd dog I've trained, so as soon as I got her I finally knew all the right things to do with her like be the auto treat machine so I was the coolest thing in the room. So while the noobies' dogs have the zoomies, River just stays and looks at me

It will be ok, I've had the same 2 instructors for the last year and a half I've done agility (they alternate weeks), so they know 'I' know a lot of handling stuff already.