BC Boards

Dog farts

larryfoster

I got my pup Lyka from the shelter and we battled diarrhea and gas for the first 3 months we had her. After spending tons of money at the vet testing for everything under the sun we discovered it was a grain/chicken allergy. We switched her to a Limited Ingredient food and her problems were solved, but do come back if she gets into chicken or grains of any kind.

I would keep away from Purina its worse than blue for recalls and ingredients. I've used the grain free Merrick (but stopped when it was bought by purina), Canadie, Kirkland, and Natural Balance foods. However I've since switched to partial raw the other half is honest kitchen/ kibble soup. Kirkland Nature's Domain (Costco Brand) is the most cost effective grain free I've used if you have a Costco around. It's middle of the road as far as ingredients.

We've moved on from the dog farts crisis, temporarily, to a new crisis.

Somehow, Bear took a chuck out of one of his foot pads.

Antibiotic creams and multiple times daily foot wrapping with a sealant of some kind for when he goes out.

Presently using plastic shopping bags over the wrapping

We've moved on from the dog farts crisis, temporarily, to a new crisis.

Somehow, Bear took a chuck out of one of his foot pads.

Antibiotic creams and multiple times daily foot wrapping with a sealant of some kind for when he goes out.

Presently using plastic shopping bags over the wrapping

Oh, dear, ouch! Been there, done that, many a time. ;) Usually I just medicate it, vet wrap and bandage it and leave it alone until the next day. I have a boy who is notoriously hard on his feet. Heal up soon, Bear!

~ Gloria

Natasha has hurt her feet on a few occasions with a large flap of skin ripped from her pad. When the pad is super sensitive I use vet wrap to hold on a baby sock. The sock will allow air to the pad and helps with healing. Once the pad heals a bit I don't have anything on the foot in the house and for protection outside use a baby sock with a hair band to keep it on.

Dog pads tend to heal quickly but I have to admit the first time it happened I panicked because it looked so horrible and sore.

Thanks for the suggestions on the pad.

He took a bit of a chunk out.

We've been applying antibiotic cream, wrapping with gauze and covering it with an elastic bandage.

When he goes out, we wrap that in some kind of waterproof plastic.

Saran wrap, plastic shopping bag or sandwich bags are some of the things we've used