BC Boards

weave poles

Those step in poles are fine unless you have a big, hard driving dog. We used sections of rebar hammered into the ground with pvc on top and depending on how soft the ground was, I'd have to move my poles every few sessions.

OK, I have to interject here and say post a pic of Chester! Most of us aren't training a pony to weave! :rolleyes: Although I have to say, Chester is incredibly graceful and agile for a pony, and his weaves are fabulous.

Bear used to break the step-in poles too, though he is hardly hard-driving. Perhaps it was because he was that special combination of heavy and clumsy, and he just stomped through them? And Wick has broken the poles off fixed weave pole bases, though we are not proud that the 32lb minx is hitting poles that hard.

I am sorry the teeter is not in NADAC - that was the one contact in TNG that Chester always touched...his walk was always too much go :D

Even when it collapses under him? Man, that dog has guts! (Can you tell that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Chester?)

Poor Bear - you're only allowed to say nice things about Bear! I think maybe the weave poles gave way to his gentle presence :D

I don't have any photos of Chester the African Mastiff (aka 110 pound shelter mutt) weaving, but I do have a couple videos from Superdogs:

Even when it collapses under him? Man, that dog has guts! (Can you tell that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Chester?)

Awww...Chester loves you too! Our broken teeter count is up to four :D I think that's a world record but nobody seems to keep stats on that but me! In light of no competition, I've declared him ITWC - International Teeter Wrecking Champion.

We're also just two Team Q's from his ATChC!!! That should only take another three years :rolleyes:

Zephyr, my TDBCR pup made his debut at Superdogs playing frisbee:

He was great until he discovered that there were kids with popcorn and hotdogs in the stands...something to work on for next year!