BC Boards

Do you dress your dog up for Halloween???

No, absolutely not. They're dogs.

Never allowed my children to go out begging and making a nuisance of themselves either. Hate the marketing exercise that is Halloween. Like so many cultural traditions and beliefs the significance has been lost and replaced by an excuse to spend money.

Sorry, having a grumpy morning and not looking forward to the knocks on the door upsetting the dogs tonight.

Yup. I got a dog pumpkin jumper in the pound shop for the small dog who has to be kept clipped for mud reasons. Keeps her warm on walks. So if that counts then definitely. She probably won't be wearing it on Halloween though because it's a little bit warmer than it has been this week, so she doesn't need it.

Yes, I did once, when Celt and Megan and granddaughter Sarah were much younger, and all three seemed to enjoy the event - trick or treating at church as a witch, Little Bo Peep, and a sheep -

MeganCeltandSarahcroppedandresized.jpg

MeganandCelt3croppedandresized.jpg

I always said I'd never dress my dogs up in costumes . . . until I started doing therapy work with Bodhi. But the kids and nursing home residents have a lot of fun with it, and he's so incredibly tolerant. We do it every year now.

Sorry I can't resize these pics of Bodhi and some of his freinds. Bodhi is, of course, the border collie. (And the Samoyed as a sheep is the best costume ever!)

14595592_402825926771903_301276955758749

14713622_402825876771908_260762455293653

Megan takes dress-up seriously because it means personal attention. Celt tolerates it. Dan hates it. Celt will tolerate his new raincoat and Dan will act like I'm brutalizing him when I put his on, when they arrive in the mail.

Megan takes dress-up seriously because it means personal attention. Celt tolerates it. Dan hates it. Celt will tolerate his new raincoat and Dan will act like I'm brutalizing him when I put his on, when they arrive in the mail.

Sounds like my guys. Kenzi LOVES putting stuff on - she sees me get something out and she gets all wiggly and walks right over and sticks her head in. Kolt gets a suspicious "what are you doing? What it that? Why do you want to put it on me? Why are you KILLING me??"

We didn't dress the dogs up because they didn't need to be. My friend (and breeder to Solo) and I were shepherdesses, my one daughter was a sheep, and her daughter was a dog.

Solo is the black and white prick eared one on the right front. His mother is behind him.

post-18456-0-26852400-1478030210_thumb.jpg

Sounds like my guys. Kenzi LOVES putting stuff on - she sees me get something out and she gets all wiggly and walks right over and sticks her head in. Kolt gets a suspicious "what are you doing? What it that? Why do you want to put it on me? Why are you KILLING me??"

Maybe it's a girl thing?