BC Boards

Need pilling help

My dog HATES Trifexis. Anything else is no problem. But Trifexis is different. I can cut a slit in a chunk of beef, put her Trifexis inside - I never touch it, I use a hemostat to insert it in the meat. I will toss a couple of cubes of un-loaded meat - I don't think they touch anything inside her 'till they hit bottom. I toss the doped piece and she will either dodge it, catch it and then spit it out, or if she's fooled into gulping it, she shakes her head and makes the most hideous faces. Most of the time I end up having to just open her mouth and shove it down her esophagus. And even then, though it never touches the inside of her mouth or tongue, she does the grimacing and head-shaking. I wish they would put some kind of coating on it - but that might not even do it.

We had a once a month pill for the family dog. My mother would make spaghetti for the family that night and make a serving for the dog after our dinner. She would cut the spaghetti into small pieces, top that with some of the sauce, cut the meatball into pieces, load one of the meatball pieces with the pill then top it all with grated cheese. He never failed to eat the pill. We teased her about this, but she said she was not spoiling the dog because she used generic cheese and not the good stuff.