BC Boards

Favorite flying disc ....

Does anyone else have a K-9 Flyer by RuffDawg?? It is BY FAR our Lileigh's favorite "frisbee"-like toy. It's soft and pliable (you can fold it up!) and can be used as a tug toy (but not a chew toy they say...). It's good to MY hands and gentle on Lileigh's mouth and teeth. Says it is 100% non-toxic, superior quality rubber and made in the USA!!!

No, I don't own stock in this company. haha!!

I have those and they're very durable. I like that you can tug with them. I find the Easy Glider to fly a lot better for more accurate throws. I also like the Floppy Flyers, especially the little one you can fold and put in your pocket. I use those for training agility or obedience.

This spring I bought some Ring Flyers from Walgreens (for $1.50 - $3 depending on the sale) which are a combo of plastic/rubber, with a big hole in the middle. They wear out the fastest (weren't made for dogs), but are really fun. They have a crazy arc so they're also not accurate but what I really like is when they hit the ground they usually roll and bounce for a while. A very exciting toy.

Quinn and I like them all.

Gonzo & Fozzie love their Softbite Floppy Discs. They also have a bunch of frisbees from Skyhoundz (soft & competition style) that are really easy to throw, durable and soft on their mouths. I've seen K-9 Flyers, and it looks like a nice frisbee. It costs way more than Skyhoundz, though!

It is Dazzle FAVORITE toy in the whole world.

After a year of practice I finnaly figured out how to throw it straight! :rolleyes: Dazzy loves to tug with it, and fold it up.

It was her first frisbee, and I bet it will be her last to. We still use the small one for her - the big one was harder for her to catch.

Oh and as to the cost - I got all mine (3) as agility awards or raffle prizes so I don't really even know! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have both the k-9 flyer & the squirrel. Now if I could just get my pups to take an interest in them that last longer than 5 seconds! We took the k-9 flyer to the river to try it. It will sink unless it lands in the water upside down. I paid $10-12 each for them at a local feed store.

• 1 month later...

I got a frisbee from Old Navy yesterday. It flies great and is also soft. It is made for dogs also. I can't tell you how tough it is because I threw it deep into some Briars today and I can't get it.

But they were only $4.50. Compared to the $20 ones I buy that are great but I tend to loose a lot. It is a great deal.

I'm using the cheap Flippy Flopper that I bought at Walmart back in January, and it has not suffered any kind of damage yet. Other than the fact that it gets pee-ed on from time to time, to ensure continous property rights :rolleyes:

We play tug sometimes, but he does not chew on it. It is perfect since he can pick it up from the ground without a problem. I looked at other "better" models at PetSmart and we (Ouzo and I) didn't like any.

Edited to add:

But of course, we're just playing with it, not competing or anything like that. So maybe my opinion it's not at all relevant, I realized after I posted this :D Just ignore it then :D

We have various frisbees at our house in various states of disarray - - - a red rubber one still intact - not sure what brand it is ... it is hard as heck to get a good throw but the dogs love it - - a cheapy Floppy Flyer from Walmart that has no insides left in it - - one day I looked out and Roz was wearing it as a hula-hoop around her middle :rolleyes: - LOL - - had the Hurl a Squirrel - Tess loved it but it ended up being used as a tuggie when her Aussie friend Deuce(my brother's dog) was here - - my nephew picked the Hurl a Squirrel as opposed to the Chuck a Duck or the other one due to the fact that Tess with her Mega-esophagous he figured "Hurl" fit her perfectly - - boys! :D

Will have to check out Old Navy for that one - sounds like the price was right!

We love the Fling Thing by West Paw. It it great! It is made of foamy stuff, but it lasts forever. Bailey can bite it a million times, and it will get little puncture marks but other than that it stays in one piece. Here is the website West Paw .

They also make Bow Wowser Balls, which are the size of tennis balls in the same foam material. They float, fit in the Chuck-It and bounce. Bailey has not ruined one yet, and he is a destructor of balls!

I use the ones from Old Navy alot but, I have a sof-flyte which I like too. I had 2 of them but, well Jewel finished one in about 5 mins.

I just recently got ones from Petsupplies plus for 1.49 they are a softer type with thier name on them. They didnt fly well but, Maddie only fetches for now anyway.

If you want a good frisbee we have had luck with check out the Hyperflite JawZ discs. Also if you want some disposable disks check out the misprints / belmishes for sale. usually pick them up for around 2bucks a disc.

http://www.skyhoundz.com/discs.html

Plus if you want to compete in any sky houndz events you will be using there regulation disks.