BC Boards

Hazel isn't getting better...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sorry for your loss. A good friend once said, "We do it because we love them that much." These words have always stayed with me. Being free of pain is a great blessing.

I'm so very sorry. We all love our dogs and feel their loss when they are gone, the empty space they leave in our lives. You've been testing that emptiness even while she remained beside you and I can't imagine the depths of your sadness. I also applaud you in making the hardest choice any of us can make. I believe you did the right thing and my heart hurts for you that you had to do it. Be kind to yourself and know that she is free. God bless.

~ Gloria

It's never easy to say that last goodbye to a loved companion, and when the loved one is young it seems they have been especially cheated, and it hurts all that much more because of that. But the burden of the hurt is on us, not them. Dogs don't fear or suffer in death; they fear and suffer in pain. There will always be "what if's" and "if only's" but one true thing is that you have taken on pain and hurt and fear to spare Hazel from hers. My sincere condolences.

I am sorry, rwinner.

I think that you made the right decision, and I know how hard it was for you.

When I had to do the same for an animal who was my soul-mate, I kept saying to myself and others how terrible I felt that I could not save him. then someone pointed out to me that, actually, I did. I saved him from further suffering, when there was no hope of a cure.

That is what you did for Hazel. I wish you peace and the very best of luck with finding your next dog. I hope you will update us about that.

I am so sorry. What a painful situation. I would have done the same. I am sure Hazel was very happy to have had an owner like you in the short time you had together. You both were lucky to have found each other. Best of luck in your search for a future partner.

I read everything all along, but had no experience or advice to give you and so stayed silent. But I've had multiple pets, and losses, and big decisions to make, and feel them all.

So sorry for your loss, thank you for the update.

I'm so very sorry. Please do post in the memoriam section if you're able to. I would enjoy hearing about the work she did and your time together. It sounds like she did amazing things in your short time together. I'm sorry that life was so cruel to her and you.