BC Boards

Disability Agility

I've had a very busy schedule lately with work and school so my poor Tex is a little frustrated these days. Instead of our power walks, he's been getting several short walks and its just not enough. He's fully blind and we don't have the option of throwing a ball or fetching a frisbee.

All the furniture is pushed against the walls anyways so I created a mini-course for Tex out of household obstacles. The space in the coffee table was a tunnel, the kitchen table with a sheet draped over was a chute, we weaved thru a few plungers and bricks with sticks and we jumped over a hockey stick a few times. He loved it!

Its amazing what you can do on a cold day with a bazzillion below wind chill when you and your mutt really try.

That's great! I can just see him having a blast! BTW, have you ever tried a ball with a bell in it? He might find that amusing. Maybe this summer you can bring Tex over...we can do outside agility with him

Hi Kris, Tex and I have noticed that you have a nice little course set-up at your place. I don't think he'd be too safe on things like the dogwalk, but he'll try anything he's so keen.

Tex doesn't have much of an interest in balls with bells in them and I don't know why. He loves a plastic pop bottle with rocks in it that I shake and he follows it thru our "course"

I upped our jump to 10 inches and he goes over as long as the jump doesn't change location.

It's time to start the Northern Ontario Disability Agility Association. Why don't you slap a blindfold on Jazz and come on over!