BC Boards

OK - who's up for a game of pin-pong?

Can't post links here, but if you go the Facebook page Away-To-Me-sheepdog-movie, there's a clip of a bc playing table tennis with a human. Except for the whines and little yips the dog makes, I find it believable. And a bit scary.

What say the rest of you?

Ruth and Gibbs, who will never ever be taught to play Ping-Pong, air hockey, or foosball

As to the links, I have no idea - it's some sort of programming thing, the bc boards site won't accept any sort of cutting/pasting from me. A few others have the same problem.

To be precise, I meant to say that the whines/yips sound very much dubbed in. They are too 'planned' for me to believe that the dog was making them. I do think that it's possible that the dog is actually holding the paddle and hitting the ball. Maybe it's all computerized, but the movement of the dog seems pretty realistic to me.

Ruth

As to the links, I have no idea - it's some sort of programming thing, the bc boards site won't accept any sort of cutting/pasting from me. A few others have the same problem.

To be precise, I meant to say that the whines/yips sound very much dubbed in. They are too 'planned' for me to believe that the dog was making them. I do think that it's possible that the dog is actually holding the paddle and hitting the ball. Maybe it's all computerized, but the movement of the dog seems pretty realistic to me.

Ruth

Do you also have a quote problem? There's a thread right at the bottom in the help section (or whatever it's called). Using a different browser may help as it did when I couldn't quote, cut or paste.

Thanks, Mum, I'll check out the help section. And yes, I can't quote from other posts in a thread.

Chene, thanks for posting the link.

Sekah, my dog is pretty 'verbal', too, and there's something about the timing/quality of the noises that says dubbed in to me. We'll probably never know. And thanks for the youtube link!

Thanks for the responses.

Ruth and Gibbs

The noises are the exact noises Levi makes when he gets excited during play-tug or when his sister steals a toy and we rev him up by cheering him on. I agree the noises do sound sort of loud in comparison to the humans voice which may be why they seem to not fit the video.

I don't think this would be all that difficult to teach either. Just piecing together the different skills-holding the paddle, targeting the ball, and so on. I think the most impressive part is the dog doesn't get frustrated and just drops the paddle to pick the ball up in his mouth. :P