BC Boards

Diane

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diane's husband, Getty, has just posted this:

"Diane Pagel's life's journey is nearing its end. I'll need hugs later, but she needs your strength now."

So, in my own words, please keep them in your prayers, offer them up to light, put a candle on your mantle or whatever it is you do. We are losing one of us, a remarkable lady who fought with the spirit of the Samurai and never gave up, never lost heart. Her courage and openness in this brutal battle with cancer has inspired and touched so many.

We are none of us here forever, but what we do lingers long after our spirits leave our bodies behind. Hold those you love close. Deny the darkness. Eschew all that is cruel and unkind. Spread light whenever and wherever possible. Blessed be.

Diane has always been willing to share, wouldn't put up with people or things she felt were false or disingenuous or misleading, and has been a fighter to her core. She has beat back many life-threatening challenges to her health, pushing herself to do what she loved even when she could hardly walk, loving her wonderful and supportive husband and family, loving her dogs, helping her students and friends and others, and setting a high bar for the rest of us.

The outpouring of caring and love I've seen over the months in her fight with cancer, and the grief I see expressed from all over the world by friends and acquaintances on FB and here, tell me what kind of person she is known to be and how much many good people value her.

Her beloved Tess and Maid are waiting to shower her with kisses. Godspeed, Diane; I'm sorry I never got the chance to meet you in person, though I feel as if I got to know you a tiny bit (just not enough!) through your blog. The world seems a smaller place tonight.

I think some of you will want to see this. It was posted by a local rancher/handler (Geri Abrams). That's all I know.

https://www.gofundme.com/y5hj982s?rcid=3a74669bfda54e1495c44672027bacaa

RIP Diane. You are an inspiration.

'For me is my dogs cuddling next to me knowing they love me and then life isn't so bad

Some days stuff happens and the love of the dog grounds me

And make you realize what life is all about, they live their lives to the max the short time they are here.'

Diane Pagel on happiness

I've been thinking of Diane and praying... I've "known" her only through her writings and postings- often funny, but so determined and devoted too. A model of courage and strength.... So glad Bliss could be with her. Such a loss for this community. Thank you Diane!

Her family and friends are in my thoughts... Paw prints forever alongside her tracks, into the mystery...