BC Boards

1st season of agility

Mutt

With Blaze's all black face, why did you name him Blaze? My husband named his red & white Blaze because of his blaze and also because he hoped Blaze would be blazingly fast. Blaze was never blazingly fast, but because he was a great jumper and had tight turns (no wasted motion), he always turned in a good time. Blaze is now retired, but is our special dog and my husband's once in a lifetime BC!

Barb S

It's funny you should ask how he got his name Barb. Many people I have met over the summer have said Blaze was a good choice for a name because of his quickness....I actually named him Blaze because when I got him as a puppy he had a pencil width Blaze of white bettween his eye's. Within a few months it disappeared but that is the real reason he was called Blaze.

I competed only after a couple months of (really bad) agility lessons... however agility was a lot easier back then!! LOL! I was blessed with a GREAT first agility dog - very forgiving and loved to play. Sierra set the bar pretty high for my future agility dogs, titling her first weekend out. So far, all my subsequent dogs have matched or bettered that... although they've had a LOT more training.

-Laura