BC Boards

Weird dog training advice

I saw someone 'training' her retriever to fetch in the water once. The dog (which was afraid of the owner due to heavy force training for obedience) would go out get the dummy then when it turned in the water it didn't make a complete 180 turn and ended up on shore about 20 feet from the owner. The next retrieves the owner met the dog in the water and pinched his ear-now, it was clear to me the dog's problem wasn't the retrieve, but the turn in the water and I could see no reason for pinching it's ear for that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something...

https://www.thedodo.com/katie-brown-lemansky-dog-1485251412.html

It was a bad idea, but death threats?

I thought I would read another story your link directed me to where the person leaves their dog on the side of the road. I can't tell you how much this disturbs me. It simply goes through me like a knife. I don't get it, I don't understand it, I don't believe there is a good reason no matter the reason to leave your animal on the side of the road. I have seen people dropping their animals off, tried to follow them and take action but I was by myself and didn't know if i could have gotten hurt. People should be charged with a felony and maybe just maybe this would end.

I thought I would read another story your link directed me to where the person leaves their dog on the side of the road. I can't tell you how much this disturbs me. It simply goes through me like a knife. I don't get it, I don't understand it, I don't believe there is a good reason no matter the reason to leave your animal on the side of the road. I have seen people dropping their animals off, tried to follow them and take action but I was by myself and didn't know if i could have gotten hurt. People should be charged with a felony and maybe just maybe this would end.

The link is supposed to take you to a page about a woman who duct-taped her retriever's mouth shut for "a minute."

Yeah, dumping a dog on a roadside is a guaranteed ticket to hell, as far as I'm concerned. There are too many other options for that ever to be OK.

The link is supposed to take you to a page about a woman who duct-taped her retriever's mouth shut for "a minute."

Yeah, dumping a dog on a roadside is a guaranteed ticket to hell, as far as I'm concerned. There are too many other options for that ever to be OK.

Agreed. I did see the woman who duct taped her dogs mouth shut, I seen it on facebook first, then and now its disturbing. She tried to defend herself saying it was only for some amount of seconds or minutes, mo is that I don't give a good blank blank how long it was it's completely insane, cruel, beyond my understanding. She was trashed talked on social media along with criminal charges. The only thing I can say about her arrest and capture is GOOD.