BC Boards

Future Sheepdog Seeks Position with Sheepdogger (or Sheepdogger-in-Training)

I'm sure Geonni knows that most dogs can adjust to a reasonably active life but she is the only judge of whether her personal circumstances would provide the minimum quality of life this particular dog deserves.

I know most people are trying to be encouraging but I'd be inclined to trust her on this. Surely she's been around on here long enough to be granted that at least? Some people (not you) have been treating her like æ serial dog dumper which is ridiculous.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How ridiculous that someone would have caused the trainer trouble like that. shepherds always have a stick or crook; they don't use it to hit dogs. I completely understand her being unwilling to take the risk of going through that again. Once burned, twice shy. Some people are over the top with crying animal cruelty when they are utterly ignorant of what is going on. I wish that they would put their energy into doing something about the real animal cruelty cases.

Maybe another time you take Maid to sheep you can get photos in which there is only Maid showing, and she won't object to your showing us that.

:-)

Maybe another time you take Maid to sheep you can get photos in which there is only Maid showing, and she won't object to your showing us that.

:-)

I have cropped some of the photos to show just the dog and the sheep, and on some others I pixelated the trainer and the surrounding location. I have sent them to her with a request to post. If she says OK I'll put them up.

ETA. She said OK, so here they are. They are shown in the order they were taken. She did a bit of running around at first, and then settled.

post-10533-0-06678200-1446936190_thumb.jpg

post-10533-0-28038100-1446936215_thumb.jpg

post-10533-0-35377600-1446936239_thumb.jpg

post-10533-0-09693500-1446936267_thumb.jpg

post-10533-0-86182500-1446936297_thumb.jpg

post-10533-0-35921300-1446936322_thumb.jpg