BC Boards

Another complaint about dog parks, SIGH.

On one hand, I get the idea that in theory its fine to walk your dog on leash in a dog park. You should do what is safest for your dog, and everyone who has off lead dogs should have good control of them. They don't which is why I almost never go to dog parks, but thats another issue.

I do frequent a few informally "off lead areas" and while my dogs are pretty well behaved and friendly, sometimes they do get wound up when playing and I have 2 small dogs, so I prefer that we stay in our own area. If I see other dogs walking towards us I ostentatiously move in the opposite direction and most times the human gets the message that we are there to run around not play with other dogs.

But there is one lady who likes to walk her leashed dog right into my area and her dog sort of lunges towards our toys, and I have to stop my dogs, put them on a down stay and wait for them to go by, then we go back to playing. She makes several trips back and forth (its kind of a long narrow area) and all of can think of is Geeze, lady, the whole rest of the world is suitable for walking an on leash dog, can you please go somewhere else?