BC Boards

A new toy for Jazz

KrisK

Jazz loves his basketball but has now deflated it after about 2 years of playing. A friend of mine was getting rid of an exercise ball..you know those giant blue balls that people sit/stretch on.

Well, I brought it home to see what would happen. It's hysterical. He can't possibly bite it, but tries, and he uses his body to push it around the yard. The ball bounces really well, so I throw it at him so he can 'bop' it with his nose.

I don't plan to leave it in the yard unsupervised so it may last longer. I'll try to post some pictures, if I can stop laughing enough to focus the camera

My little brat had one of those for about ten minutes. (It took me longer to inflate it :rolleyes: ). She adored it more than any other ball before and ripped it open with her claws. Let's hope yours lasts longer!

I've had it for about 2 weeks now...and he hasn't managed to destroy it! He actually uses his body to move the ball around the yard. He LOVES it!! but he's only allowed to have it while I'm outside with him. I did manage to get some pictures so I'll try to post them later. (I have a very slow connection at home) but at least I'm on vacation for now

I would LOVE to get one of them again! That was so much fun while it lasted, especially because those balls make big weird jumps and the dog can jump after it.

I'm using the clicker now to teach Kessie not to punish the basketball. Maybe some day she'll be ready for another big ball.

I'd recommend them for anyone whose dog is not ball-destructive.

And photos would be great

Pictures aren't posted yet..I have a really slow connection at home, so I need to bring them to work with me first.

Sadly, the big ball, has deflated :rolleyes: Jazz didn't manage to bite it, but the ball got jammed into the fence gate...and has a big hole in it. I'm going to patch it this weekend, and I'll be on the lookout for more of these balls at yard sales....you know how many people have 'good' intentions to exercise...and then the equipment shows up in a yard sale

I have had several Jolly balls in the past, and they all died slow deaths at the jaws of my pooches. LOL They did last a long time though. For some reason, the dark blue ones seem stronger than the other type. LOL They are awesome pool toys and beach toys. I use an old basketball for Mila. It is slightly deflated, so she cant put pressure on it against its internal ressure. I find they last a lot longer that way. But Then, she has four broken canines, so she isnt very sharp anyway. LOL

Kadie