BC Boards

A primer on corrections

I have a morbid fascination with these kind of discussions. It almost seems as if the participants of both camps do their utmost best to misinterpret the statements of one another. It also seems that the same persons are going through the same loops over and over again.

Oh me too; I find these hilarious! I almost never post but just sit and watch the pages unfold thinking, "How big is gonna get this time?" Everybody goes in circles and it'd keep going forever except somebody eventually realizes they've said the same thing 5 times and quits the conversation.

Me? I use praise and treats for training, and corrections for untraining. Regardless whether the correction is a stern look or a smack or even, oh no! a shock collar. Yes I've used those with very good results (mostly on tone and vibrate-rarely shock as my dogs hate that vibration almost as much as the shock) and am about to again to keep Duke from killing the new kitten my sister just got.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic