BC Boards

Walking is more difficult than it should be

Today's iteration: walking the dogs with a friend who doesn't have dogs.

Someone comes up behind us with their small excitable young dog. She asks if my dogs are friendly. We both say a loud 'NO, sorry.'

She then lets her dog approach anyway (read: crosses the big wide path to get to us and chase us with her dog.) While she does this we vainly try to walk faster to get away, and actually get off the path to avoid her, and continue to ask her not to let her dog approach.

"Oh look, it's fine, they all seem to be getting on well."

Yeah, they did. Well done my dogs, they sometimes take offense to excitable dogs chasing them, and at the point she said this her dog was literally in the middle of my three. There was nothing she could have done to get her dog into any more of a vulnerable position. My friend could not believe that this had happened: "We TOLD her!" I am not sorry about the cursing that followed.

Edit: the little dog was on a lead, too. And it was a lovely friendly little thing, if a bit overexcited. But just, what is the point in asking if you will not heed the answer?