BC Boards

Curious about genetics and coat length

Heartful

I never post on these topics but wanted to share a story from high school.

My history teacher had put at the top of a test a direction (amongst the regular test instructions) to write the name of your favorite Simpsons character at the bottom of the page for an extra 10 bonus points!

About half the class did not do it... Which showed how many kids did not read the directions!

It was a silly way of getting the point across and I have not forgotten it, even 15 years later.

I agree the read this first is easy to miss despite being at the top of each forum and highlighted in blue. I think many people see it but don't bother to click on it. Or they do, but don't bother to read the whole thing. Or they read the whole thing and can't comprehend the content or don't think the "rules" apply to them.

I agree though, that nothing here seemed rude. In turn, one could say it's rude to join a group without reading the instructions and posting things contraradictory to the forums beliefs. Either way, there is much to learn here and people who are quick to leave are really the ones losing out. :)