BC Boards

Freestyle On BGT

It wasn't Matisse on the tightrope though. They use a stunt double because he is scared of heights.

Seriously? I don't know what the rules are, but if it is a dog act, there could be multiple dogs -- but if the act has been billed only as Matisse and Jules, then ......

Yeah, I read that later though I never would have caught it. They look a lot the same.

Well, even if it was only billed as Jules and Matisse, Skippy was in it and nobody cared.

I believe Chase is the same dog who was also in the semi final performance.

It's a human talent competition, and the talent was Jules' ability to train dogs. For some reason the internet seems upset that she used another one of her dogs for that bit.

I thought her final routine was wonderful. I'm not normally much for freestyle routines set to a story, but she did it really well.

Was it a misrepresentation? Or just people assuming it was the same dog because it looks so much like it? As long as she didn't misidentify the dog(s) involved, then I don't see that people have any real reason to be upset by it. She still trained them all, which is quite an accomplishment no matter how many dogs it was.

People were asked to vote for Jules and Matisse - no suggestion that a switch had been made for some of the tricky stuff.

If I had voted or even watched the programme (which I never do) I would feel misled.

Jules and dogs billing would have been fine.

I'm with Pam, feeling that a bit more transparency would not have diminished the accomplishments and entertainment value of the performance but would have simply been more "honest". You would not say a horse had run in the Triple Crown if you used one horse in the Kentucky Derby and Belmont on dry tracks, and substituted a similar-appearing but different horse in the Preakness because the track was wet and the first horse did not do well on a wet track, would you?

The whole performance was terrific, the dogs seemed to really enjoy themselves, and it was a very cute skit. "Jules and Friends" or "Jules and Dogs" or something similar would have done just fine for me.

Eh, it's a reality TV show. They're never quite as they seem. Quite a bit of the crew had to have known about both dogs. Because they get to practice ahead of the show. I highly doubt it was her decision to bill the act like that, rather it was BGTs decision.

And I've seen several acts change/progress/get new members over the course of a season of AGT.