BC Boards

Dog Nicknames

Do your dogs get weird nicknames from you? My guys have quite the list and a few people have told me that I'm really weird. :D Ok, I admit I'm pretty strange.

Loki (my red, curly border collie) is currently going by "Sir Poops A Lot" because he had explosive diarrhea in the back seat of my car (sadly the car seat cover was in the wash) on Tuesday. He is also called: Stinky, Mr. Poofy, McCurly McFluffers, and Red Man.

Rose (white, vision impaired border collie) is called Blondie by a friend who says her blonde roots go too deep (Rose is very weird and a bit nuts). I regularly call her: Girlie, White dog, and Damn it what are you doing!?

What strange things do you call your dogs? And do they answer to it?

Bethany, Rose, and Loki

I call Kieran "Stinky" all the time because of his mean gas. He has a ton of nicknames. "Stinky McStink Stink", "Skippy", "Biebs" (which unfortunately sometimes makes me think of Justin), "Kiewan", "Cutie Dog". I think most often I call him "Kiebs". His foster parents called him "Ky-dog". He only really answers to his real name, though.

Kieran is clearly more discerning than mine. Loki does answer to Mr. Poofy, Stinky, and Red Man. Rose answers to anything. ;) I wonder if part of the issue is that Kieran doesn't want to be called Biebs? He may think you are calling for Justin Bieber instead. :P

Dean is "Green Bean" which becomes "Beanie" or "Deanie Bean" at times.

Tessa is "Tessa Bessa" which becomes "Bessa" or "Miss Bess".

Together Dean and Tessa get called Heckle and Jeckle.

Bandit gets "Bandi" or "Bandi-Boo".

Tweed has some of the weirdest. Tweedle Dee if he is being a good boy. Tweedle Dum if he is being bad. Banana Boy or Monkey Boy (loves bananas). Sasquatch, Squatch and Big Foot because he is huge and has giant feet (extra toes).

Juniper's are pretty simple. June Bug. June Bitch. Juniper Berry.

Freya's only nickname is Princess Freya.

Sage was one half of Double Trouble (the other was his brother, who has been retired to another home). Sometimes he gets called bad words when he is working and can't exercise self control. :ph34r:

Django's nickname's are Puppy Power. Monster (because he is always chasing the 2 cats). Monster pup, Big Bad Wolf (again in relation to the cats).

Our cats also have nicknames Sooty (black tom) is Goofball,. Goofstaferson or Oooooofs because of his lack of balance and judgement of distance.

Sweep (ginger female) is Prinny Girl, Prinny Winny or Little Girl as she is always so dainty and perfect.

This is always interesting to me because I never understand why some of my animals end up with nicknames and others do not.

My best-ever soul-mate cat had about a dozen, and answered to all of them.

Current dogs are:

Jester, who after 12 years has still never been called anything but Jester or Jes.

Kit, who is Kit, Kiteroo, Roo, BabyRoo, and (blush) Pie.

Digger is just Digger or Digs, although I have been trying to come up with something that I could change his name to. I never liked the name Digger, and did not give it to him, and am tired of explaining to everyone we meet that, no, he has never dug a hole, and I did not give him that name! So far I have not come up with a good name to change it to, though. I welcome suggestions. (See his photo below)

Boo is Boo, Boosie, Boosie-Woo, Muffin, MuffinPuff, Puff, and Puffin. OK, I know that's ridiculous, but look at his photo. He's a little white fluffy dog, cute as a bug, so of course he gets a lot of cutsie nicknames. :D

Digger is just Digger or Digs, although I have been trying to come up with something that I could change his name to. I never liked the name Digger, and did not give it to him, and am tired of explaining to everyone we meet that, no, he has never dug a hole, and I did not give him that name! So far I have not come up with a good name to change it to, though. I welcome suggestions. (See his photo below)

Digger actually seems like it suits him when I look at him, so...call him Tigger instead? The "boing boing boing" in the description would sure fit anyways. :P I don't know.

Our Bogart is Bogey (of course) also Bogeykins, and Bogey-Wogey-Puddin'-'n-Pie.

Freyja is Freyja-dee-cat (get it? Lol) because she startles so easily, also Fuzzy Britches, Baby Girl and Freyja Go Lightly.

I would not say that either of them "answer" to those names but they do recognize them as terms of endearment.

Digger actually seems like it suits him when I look at him, so...call him Tigger instead? The "boing boing boing" in the description would sure fit anyways. :P I don't know.

LOL

Yeah, I did think of that......but it is perhaps too cutsey for him. Even though he "boings", he is a pretty serious little dog. :)

Torque can be Mister Torque, Torquey Turkey or Turkey Torquey or just Turkey.

ETA: I also call him Torque-man

Kiefer responds to Kief or KeKe - and my husband used to call him Poopy when he was a puppy (which he was smart enough not to respond to).

Both respond to Puppy, Puppy, Puppy said in a high voice.

Wisp- Wisper, Wisper Doodle, doodle bug, doodles

Meg- Meg-Meg, nutmeg,

Quinn- Quinnlin, little man,

Some of my gone but not forgotten girls:

Belle- Ma Belle,

Annie- Annernanners, Nanners, Anna Nana Bannana,

Floss- Flossie, Flossa Roo, Sausey Flossie

Keeper responds to most of his.

Peep, Peepster, Groanie (he groans all the time), Crazy dog, and Poops. He pooped constantly as a puppy so he earned the name Keeper Peeper Super Pooper. Poops came out of that.

Trooper doesn't have a ton yet.

Super Trooper, Happy, or more commonly Toop Toop Toop... (times a million).

I one had a dog who had 17 nicknames and answered to them all. And he wasn't even a border collie.

Tansy is also Tansy Pants and Snickerdoodle. Or Brat. Any can have Miss in front of them. A few other of her nicknames are unprintable in polite company. :P

Bodhi is also B Budly. I have no idea where that came from.

Kiefer responds to Kief or KeKe - and my husband used to call him Poopy when he was a puppy (which he was smart enough not to respond to).

Both respond to Puppy, Puppy, Puppy said in a high voice.

That's funny - I used to call Bandit "Poopy Puppy"!!

I also used to call him Puppy, but stopped when I realized that he was answering to Puppy, but not to Bandit!!

I really wish their was a "Like" button. ;)

Kieran is clearly more discerning than mine. Loki does answer to Mr. Poofy, Stinky, and Red Man. Rose answers to anything. ;) I wonder if part of the issue is that Kieran doesn't want to be called Biebs? He may think you are calling for Justin Bieber instead. :P

I had originally named Brick, Max. However, within the first two days of having him and having to haul him up and down a flight of 17 stairs with his broken leg to potty ever half hour or so (was not potty trained + new place), I started calling him Brick because he was compact, but very heavy. He answers to Bricky-Boy and Brickster and Hey!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has a million nicknames for my dogs!

Lyka - golden gorgeous, golden butt, pretty puppers, and big girl.

Lily - Lily bug, fluff butt, baby girl, beautiful border collie, and moo cow (because she is black and white like a cow).

I'm sure there is more, but I cannot think of them.

twitch answers to "the king" as he is the king of the household. he is also known as the yipper, for the greeting we get when we come home. it is a cross between "i'm so very mad at you for leaving" and "I'm ecstatic you're home". it also leads to the nick name yippity-do-da.

nova is fairly serious so missy or princess will only do. sometimes to pump her up i'll tell her she's my nova scotia, terra nova, bossa nova, my SUPER nova!

hobbs has the best name for nicknames. when he's good he's hobtastic, when not so good he's hobnoxious or hobgoblin. when we're at the water he's my hoblobster -sung, of course, to the B-52's song or the loch ness hobster. when we're quiet and cuddling on the chair and he's trying very hard to become one with me, he's simply my Red boy.