BC Boards

Another hopeful

Hey, I thought it was a great question! I might or might not be able to volunteer somehow with the kids along just yet, but they'll keep getting older. :)

I think your oldest could easily perform the duties of score sheet runner. The job consists of waiting at the scribe table (located next to the ring) to collect the scribe sheets after each run. When ~4-6 sheets are collected, the score sheet runner brings them to the trial secretary desk - wherever that may be located for the trial. Rinse and repeat. By getting the score sheets continuously during the class, the trial secretary can input the data faster rather than waiting to get all the sheets at the end of the class (some of the larger classes can be more than 60 dogs).

We have sign ups before but usually they still need help. I'd email a trial secretary which is on the trial premium. Just explain you're wanting to volunteer and are new. It's nice having people not running dogs that can volunteer. Doing both is kind of stressful!

You can go on the venue and look up trial events. At least on usdaa.

I think your oldest could easily perform the duties of score sheet runner.

He could definitely do something like that if he was allowed, and I'm betting he'd be thrilled to have the job. I'm kind of daydreaming that eventually, when we have our dog and have gotten into agility, it might be that the younger two kids stay home with dad while the oldest and I go to the occasional trial (the other kids could come too as they got older, but it really strikes me as something the oldest would enjoy and take seriously).