BC Boards

really stinky collar help

Jewel is currently wearing one of the nice black chinese satin covered collars (old Navy) it seems she filled the inside with the stinky leaf material from the Monday.

I tried spraying it with fabric refresher no dice. I also tried hand soap. It smells horrible fishy.

Suggestions?

Can you wash the collar on gentle cycle in the washing machine? Or maybe in a delicates bag? I would hope that a dog collar would be washable, I mean dogs get pretty dirty lol.

Actually, it's available at one place (in Indiana) other than Sam's Club. We keep lots on hand because Sam's Club often quits stocking things without notice. Odo-Ban is what helped clear our dog area of Giardia; we used it on the advice of a kennel owner who said it was better than bleach.

Barb S

One warning - Odoban reeks when combined w/ the smell of dog poop. My former boss used diluted Odoban on everything at the dog daycare I worked at and it made the smells worse somehow. Probably because he was cheap and the dilution was too weak to work effectively.

What about trying Orange APeel? It's supposed to be able to get rid of skunk odor, and it should leave it nice and citrus-y smelling. I know it's available as a shampoo, but I was thinking about the concentrate, then you can mix it to whatever strength you'd like. It's available at the Paulmac's Pet Supplies near me, and at some tack/feed stores as well. It's supposed to be a multi-purpose cleaner so it may even be available at hardware stores.