BC Boards

Norwegian Gather

TEC

The fjords, rocky slopes and verticality create a stunning landscape for this 2014 YouTube video. Johansen and Eliassen gather their sheep from mountain to a barn in the valley. The theme music and images are for me a perfect fit. -- TEC

Nice vid. Landscape looks kinda familiar...(I really should post some pics soon, life at the moment is a bit exciting, more on that later).

The bells make me wonder, they are not used here, and I always thought they were used in landscapes with dense vegetation, where stock can be near but invisible.

That's interesting about the bells. I do not know their exact purpose. Maybe to help keep flock together as they graze widely separated on sparse grass, thus being able to hear one another? Perhaps the belled sheep are in the role of bellwethers -- experienced sheep to lead to good graze, and for when dogs move them. I am just guessing.

When things settle down for you, please post your pix and descriptions. I feel certain many on the forum would be interested. Not sure what you mean by "exciting", but I hope things are OK for you and your family. -- Kind regards, TEC