BC Boards

exersize while im sick..Ideas please!

while in the summer I would not have a problem exersing Happy and Misty when im sick, but in the winter with -17*C and having a bad cold, its not such a good idea without getting more sick lol seeing as how I got this sick in the first place was from a 2 hour run last tuesday, the only exerisize I they have had since was a half hour walk on thursday, I have been sick since then and they are going crazy lol Misty is grabing anything she can get her teeth on and running around like an idiot and Happy is just being weird lol any ideas on how to get them some physical exersize without going outside and getting sicker? lol

do you have basement??...throw ball for them..I roll the ball down my hall ...she loves that..I make her sit and wait..throw it and then she takes off like a nut after it...if you have a basement you could throw ball ..NOT like you outside ..but better than nothing...I play ball on steps too...I throw to top she goes and gets it...

thanks tildy I sat at the top of my second floor stairs and tossed a toy down for like 20 minuts lol I fogered it was time to stop when Mistys back end collaped and she just barley lift the toy she was panting so much she is now laying down in her crate, Happys was lying down panting beside me but she just up for for a drink lol I think that was sufficiant

On the odd occasion that I'm off my oats, I gather up all of the tennis balls in the house and post myself in the easy chair. The easy chair sits straight on in front of the hallway that runs the length of the house. I typically throw the balls down the hall for them until they have had enough. The upside is that they get worn out fairly well. The downside is the slobbery ball marks on my hall walls. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, slobbery marks. I had a friend who had a name for the combination of mucous and spit that occured when her dogs impacted a surface repeatedly - "dog snobber". She also clued me in on the best removal - Zep foam glass cleaner in the aerosol can. It cuts the nasties and doesn't harm your painted surfaces as much as normal cleaners. "And it leaves a fresh, clean scent!!" :rolleyes:

I would block off a doorway with something and throw the ball over it - it's really great if you can add in two or three jumps, such as down a hall. I used to do this when I worked at home and had a nursing baby and didn't have much time for real work. This is only for dogs two or older in excellent condition. It got my Trim in such good shape that she could run full time all weekend at a tourney and never get the least bit tired.

ya know I really wish I had a hallway now lol the stairs worked, but I bet my old house would have been perfect for doggies, there was the front door, then an largish area, then another door, and to the side of that was another door that went into the main part of the house and staright ahead was the stairs heading upstairs, lots of em, and a long straight hallway.. that would have been so perfect for sitting at the very end of the hall upsatirs and tossing a ball far enugh to go down the stairs and that in itself would have been a good doggie workout lol too back I only had one dog at the time lol I bet if we still lived there we could have still had shadow too, because of all the doors she could have one half of the house and the rest of the dogs could have the other lol my house now is just so open, no halls not extra doors, the main floor is a complete circle lol