BC Boards

We Got Him Today!!

Hey everyone! So I posted a week or two ago about us getting a new border collie. His name was "skunk" but we decided on the registered name "Whitten's Skunk" and are going to call him Whitten. The breeders were calling him Skunk and they lived on Whitten Run Rd. We were supposed to pick him up on the 1st but had a problem with my husband's military pay (go figure, government lol)

post-17016-0-68446100-1415327793_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-70624800-1415327821_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-87652400-1415327834_thumb.jpg

thank you! hes taken so well to her. their dogs are outside dogs so they are always outside/sleep outside and can run wherever they want because they live in the country. we have property but lastnight was his last night ever sleeping outside! we got him today and he is posted up on our couch and loving all the cuddles!

im just worried that since he has been an outside dog for the last 12 weeks that he wont know house training at all. so far we havent had any issues...but he hasnt gotten off the couch since we got home lol

oh he is going to be a spoiled little baby! hes VERY protective over my daughter already, and thats my PITS 'human'. my pit is being very tolerant of him though...she loves babies. she put our other dog in his place when he got to the right age after all the puppy play so im sure she will set some boundaries when he grows up a little. right now she is just trying to mother him. lots of kisses going around. whitten tries growls and snaps at my dogs, my dogs lick him back like theyre saying 'dude...just shut up and let us love you'. haha. i think everyone is going to get along very, very well!

What a sweet puppy! I love the name Whitten. My puppy came from a ranch and adjusted to living in the house without any problems.

I guess I shouldn't say any problems because she despised her crate for the first couple of weeks but I eventually convinced her it was a good thing.

Micah was a ranch puppy and his first couple days in the house were kind of funny. He would get wide eyed at the strangest things. And he ran into the window in the back door the first day. It starts about 8 inches off the floor, but he thought he was going to jump through it, poor pup. He also tried to go through the window over the back of the couch...

And he still panics if something starts smoking in the kitchen, but that's a behavior that I'll not try to work him through.

My puppy lived mostly in a horse stall before we got her - got out to play, yes, but mostly that stall was her whelping box, crate, and playpen. She was never inside until we brought her home. She screamed her head off in her crate for a week or so (she was DEDICATED) but ultimately got it. Otherwise, we didn't have any real issues. She got pretty surprised by some things, like the television, but overall she did just fine from the get-go.

She never had an accident in the house, either, but I'm going to take the credit for that one. We took her out a LOT.

Ya he jumped like crazy at the car radio. He has been inside briefly now and then, but slept outside and stayed outside for the most part. He loves the couch.....definitely weirded out by the other dogs since he didnt know any others besides his brothers and sisters. He has no clue what to do with my dogs, but my pit finally convinced him to get off the porch and follow HER out into the yard. I havent got a crate yet...my other two dogs go in the bathroom when i leave home with chew toys and bones. I RARELY leave them...so i find it a bit pointless right now. though i know it is good to teach them.

and now he is finally playing a little at the end of me typing this :)