BC Boards

May I just say

Like others this is the only forum I follow now, I check it regularly as there is always something to learn. Over the years I have learned an amazing amount about border collies, dogs, farming and others way of life's.

I am certainly not anti-Facebook but I use it to stay in touch with friends, I do belong to groups etc but rarely post as I don't like the style and tone of most discussions, if I post it is to provide information I never get involved in discussions.

Thank you Eileen and Heather for your hard work and to those members who patiently answer questions that have been asked a 100 times

This forum is definitely one of a kind! Thank you to everyone who contributes to make this place what it is. Thank you to everyone who selflessly gives of their time to answer all those questions and share their expertise.

mum24dog wrote:

It's very sad but but one of my erstwhile favourite UK agility discussion forums has rapidly deteriorated into a site for simply posting show schedules following the formation of a fb page aimed at the same audience

I too miss the forum. I visit often but its like a ghost town. Want me to start a 4th height discussion??? LOL

And may I just say that I'm really glad to hear that this forum continues to be useful and enjoyable for you. We have lost some valuable members to Facebook (and to blogging before that), but IMO we still retain a lot of wonderful contributors, and continue to acquire new ones. The value of this forum comes from its contributors, and I'm very grateful to those of you who take part, and especially to those who respond to newbie questions that you've answered many times before.

Dear Fellow Posters,

As others have noted: this forum has been designed by and is managed by Eileen Stein and Heather Nadelman and it is by Eileen and Heather's sensibility and love of Border Collies that you and I enjoy it. The freedom we have to write and comment is a great and unusual compliment.

Donald

I do love a good discussion, with or without disagreement. As long as we keep inventing venues for good conversation and the civil exchange of ideas, we'll continue on our merry evolutionary path. From salon to silicon, we keep finding ways to talk.

I value this place, even when it makes me bonkers. :)

Maybe I value it even more when it does.

mum24dog wrote:

It's very sad but but one of my erstwhile favourite UK agility discussion forums has rapidly deteriorated into a site for simply posting show schedules following the formation of a fb page aimed at the same audience

I too miss the forum. I visit often but its like a ghost town. Want me to start a 4th height discussion??? LOL

Hi Tim. You haven't changed I see.

Your sense of humour and common sense is missed.

I find that the more we talk the more we recognise the things we have in common rather than what divides us - if we are open minded enough to recognise it.

There are some things that others find acceptable that I never will but there is always some common ground to be found.

I also would like to extend my thanks to Eileen. She does a great job.

This is the one and only forum I am active in.

I also feel that that civilized exchange of knowledge and experience is the way to learn. Which includes being able to defend your own, very valid and real experiences to others.

I also appreciate the efforts of Eileen and Heather, and contributors. Among the latter, special thanks to Julie, Gloria and Tea, who always set me straight with patience and tact when I stick my big 9 1/2 size foot in my mouth. ;)

I also appreciate the efforts of Eileen and Heather, and contributors. Among the latter, special thanks to Julie, Gloria and Tea, who always set me straight with patience and tact when I stick my big 9 1/2 size foot in my mouth. ;)

Yes, thanks to Julie, Gloria, and Tea for all their advice and perspective. Their help is something money can't buy.

Chiming in late here but I also wanted to say how much I appreciate those who manage (Eileen and Heather) and contribute to the forums making it a great place for open, thoughtful and civilized discussion. That quality alone seems to be very rare these days... especially in venue where people are discussing something they care about so passionately (as we do our dogs).

Even though I've not been as active these past few months I still check the boards daily and enjoy reading and following the discussions quietly from the back seat. Thanks everyone for making this an inviting place for newbies as well as a place regulars can enjoy returning to on a regular basis.