BC Boards

Trial dilemma

Smalahundur

^^ditto, the weather sounds really horrible, I feel sorry for the trialist, judge, organiser etc

You definitely seem to have made the right decision

Also good luck with the new dog, though it does sound from your posts as if you and Gláma have an excellent relationship with each other.

^^ditto, the weather sounds really horrible, I feel sorry for the trialist, judge, organiser etc

You definitely seem to have made the right decision

Also good luck with the new dog, though it does sound from your posts as if you and Gláma have an excellent relationship with each other.

I realize I made it sound a bit like I got the second dog Max because I wanted to replace Gláma, this is not the case.

She is the only trained stock dog on the farm at the moment, and if anything would happen to her I would be without a dog, especially in the fall very unpractical.

I would have gotten this second one anyway, so I wouldn´t have to depend on just one dog. And to be able to spread the work load in the most work intensive period of the year.

Also I hope that I can use them together some time in the future, we will see how that works out...

As for trialing, that is just "extra" for me. That a dog is not cut out for trialing is not that important as long as they are good working dogs, that why I got into this whole thing. This goes for Gláma but also for Max, or any dog I will ever own.

But I won´t deny that clearing the course at a trial in good form would be quite the thrill, and I do hope we will get there some day....