BC Boards

flyball????

looking for something for my lil girl to do for fun..looking into flyball..BUT nothing in southwestern pa....at all...is something I can teach her at home just for fun...???? she plays softball hit tennis balls with bat she brings back and waits for hit....lol..but this flyball thingy looks fun too..

There's a ton of teams up that way. Definitely check it out. Don't know whether you are most east or west in PA, but there's terrific options either way.

http://www.flyballdogs.com/

http://www.flyball.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi

RickFly.jpg

Do you have a dog training club? It's actually pretty easy to start training if you can get a few people together who are interested. Contact Fur Fun in Philly and I bet someone will be willing to "mentor" a startup team - we do that all the time around here. Deb Norman is super nice.

Kim, I loved your little board thingy (word du jour on this thread :rolleyes: ) - you should post directions and instructions somewhere for people like Tildy. As you know the box is actually not needed for a while. Jen is learning on a board thingy now in her class and probaby won't use the box until the end, if then.

Flyball is a great backyard sport if you can draft some potential teammates.

How about neighboring states? Sometimes it is closer to go out of state.

Becca - how is Jen doing with the board? Have you been able to get it to the correct angle yet?

Riot is not on the box and catching the ball. It is doing really well. We only do it a couple times a week max though. He is still too young to do much with.

closest anything ....is 41/2 hours away..is there beguinnig books on this...I have the room to set up anything here,,,,I just do not know what I am doing just looking for something difft and fun for her..we play around with jumping thru hula hoops...the softball thingy..hide n seek...frisbee...football..herd the cat..lol

I'm taking Jen to a class now. She's got a bit of a leg up on the other "students" - we never did a real board but worked with a piece of plain plywood and got it pretty close to the correct angle. She had no problem recognising what she was supposed to do with the board at class. :rolleyes: