BC Boards

Dogs and meds

Nathan

Just be aware if your vet recommends Clomicalm/Clomipramine, that there are currently supply issues.

That is the med Dean is on and it has made a very big difference in his life. He is still Dean Dog - he is not "drugged" or dopey (well, no more than usual!). But he can recover from thunder/fireworks/etc. where he couldn't before.

Right now he is on the brand Clomicalm (I am considering other options) and the price isn't too horrendous. Apparently that was unavailable for a while. Now the human generic form (which he had taken for years) is in short supply and is VERY expensive. I was getting it compounded for a while. but can't now.

I probably would not start a dog on it at this point unless the vet offered no alternatives.

My fearful anxious dog takes generic Zoloft with Trazadone for extremely stressful periods. I took him to a Vet Behaviorist who diagnosed him with a generalized and social anxiety. It has made a huge difference in his life, and I only wish I had done it sooner.