BC Boards

It is almost like over night Gidget is behaving wonderfully

It is just something, yes we have gotten back to a some what normal routine, letting her run and play a bit. The stiches healed up nicely and quick though we are still keeping her somewhat calm haha.

But everything we have been teaching her, it is like a light turned on. Sits rite quick the first time told. Comes so quick will make you go WoW, backs up when told, she is hardly even barking at people and critters that go up and down the street! Even off leash shes not running after them. And this is the most amazing thing. Not leaving the yard! Yes she will look up the hill and want to run to play with the kids up the street, if she does step on the side walk before I tell her no she just rite quick turns around and back in the yard I know this sounds just silly but I tell you She knows when shes being a good girl and she smiles! She really smiles and is so proud of herself.

Even the poor cat seems to notice this almost over night change! We are seeing more and more of the cat walking, sitting, even laying down around the house. The past 24 hours I am not sure what has happened but something sure has! Maybe she has caught up on her playing? Not wound up like a 10 day clock so she can maintain and control herself? I am not sure. We have even noticed the barking has decreased to almost not barking unless another dog starts.

Now company is another issue though we have not really had much company for her to get used too I think with a little time and helpful friends she will learn not to jump on our guests.

Well she had to go and prove me wrong shes after the cat while i type lol but did lay rite down by daughters side leaving poor Bliss to do her kitty thing in peace

Still I think shes just a gem just love her to death, is a proud puppy mommy

oh yes but today the little stinker just had to go and be naughty lol, came out with my morning coffee, lady with lab walking past, Gidget took off running after them, followed them down to the river, would not come when called! there I was in the woods bare feet in my JAMIES put coffee on a rock and took off after her, she looked up at me a few times but was having such fun did not come! We had to call the well behaved lab to us to catch my little stinker! I carried her out of the woods grab my coffee cup off the rock dumped it out and carried her home. She knew the jig was up.

After a time out and a cool down for several hours I did take all 3 down to the river where everyone had fun and everyone behaved!

I do have to say that even though she should not have left the yard, and yes she should have come when called. All that aside their is a bright side to this story

Gidget was not scared of that big black lab! She showed no sign of fear or that she was threaten by him in any way shape or form. in the past big dogs would put her into a fear reaction mode where she would tail between legs back arch hair up in air and nipping, so i have kept her far away from big dogs tell she adjust to her new life and knows shes safe.

For now on I will make double sure the chain is in the sun porch before going to bed so not to have this issue again

We are getting there one step at a time

What does this mean, "for now on I will make double sure the chain is in the sun porch before going to bed so not to have this issue again"?

And on a side note.....I think you are playing with fire. Have for a while.