BC Boards

My dog was propositioned this evening

As you may of seen from some recent posts we are currently in Aiken, SC and this evening my husband and dog were out for a walk, first he was jumped by a border collie as big as him, who started to aggressively hump him, the aggressors owner got him under control and then wanted to chat dogs.... He told my other half that he had a bitch out back and would like to use Rievaulxs services!!!! His offer was politely turned down....

Some people... Poor Rievaulx.

When Bear was younger I had a couple people on different occasions ask if he was available for stud. He was/is a good looking dog, but he's 100% mutt, neutered, and has bad hips (which I've always thought was noticeable in the way he walked).

A friend of mine always wishes her Samoyed had been intact as she could have turned a high percentage of the local pit bulls into fluffy dogs. In summer she used to shave him and living in a bad part of town young men were always asking her if they could put him to their bitches... :) the results could have been intresting!

When I first started reading your post I assumed the "proposition" was from the crazy male dog humping him. Sounds like poor Rievaulx got propositioned twice... :mellow:

Glad you declined the offer on behalf of Rievaulx (not that I thought for a second you'd accept). That guy sounded like a real DB.

I have had three different people from Lily's puppy class ask me if I was planning on breeding her, because they wanted one of her puppies. She is a very sweet well behaved puppy, but they don't seem to realize that wasn't genetics that was training. Not to mention She isn't even six months old yet. I've had to explain to all of them that she will be getting spayed as soon as my vet decides she is old enough. I find it funny when people seem to think you should breed any dog that is pretty or nice, because the offspring will be like the parents.

LOL! Rievaulx must be quite handsome! :)

Somewhat related: When Torque was about 6 months old, I was walking him around the parking lot of Lowe's for distraction training while DH was getting a few items in Lowe's. Some guy approached me and offered $50 for him!!

LOL! Rievaulx must be quite handsome! :)

Well he is handsome... But it turns out it was because he was nice, the guy apparently said his bitch did not like his dog (the one who was doing the humping) and he thought she might take to Rievaulx... Obviously she had taste!

I had a spectator at the Bluegrass ask me what I'd take for Birdie. Answer: Not even a million dollars. Then he asked about pups, and I had to piint out that she's just a baby herself and not even trained, so any potential puppies would be way on down the line, if ever. Though I appreciated his obvious good taste in dogs (lol!), I couldn't help but just shake my head at the whole thing.

J.

I was offered $1000 for a pup (this was 13 years ago). It was a few days before Christmas and I was shopping. I stopped in the book store to buy some gifts. When I went to pay I need two hands so I set my sleeping pup down on the counter. The woman behind me thought she was a stuffed animal and asked where I found her. I said no, she is a real pup. At that point she offered me the money, saying her kids would love to find her under the tree. :blink:

Wait... $50 for the dog or for the dog's "services"?? :blink:

$50 for my puppy! undescended testicle and all ^_^

Around here it is not uncommon to find 'purebred' ACDs for $50 and BCs for $200 and up. Of course, there are no health tests done, and I am sure that breedings are often arranged just because the owner knows someone with a dog of the same breed.

I was offered $1000 for a pup (this was 13 years ago). It was a few days before Christmas and I was shopping. I stopped in the book store to buy some gifts. When I went to pay I need two hands so I set my sleeping pup down on the counter. The woman behind me thought she was a stuffed animal and asked where I found her. I said no, she is a real pup. At that point she offered me the money, saying her kids would love to find her under the tree. :blink:

Wow... There is a northern English expression that sums this (and many of our threads) up..........

"there's nowt so queer as folk"