BC Boards

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the support, advice and suggestions - we were suprised and really thankful for all the information. After a lot of thinking, discussing and following up on leads from the forum, we ended up last weekend on Anne Devine's farm, EyeSpy Border Collies, in Concrete Washington. She had just recently brought the whole outfit over from Conneticut and due to the move actually had puppies available. We really were hoping for a puppy mid June but decided early was better than late and have now added Jax, an 8 week old male, to the family. I had forgoten how much fun and trouble a puppy is, but he's very endearing. My daughter has him sitting, coming, downing and is working on staying, fetching and basic agility work. Ren, our 5 year old female, has more or less accepted him, although is still getting used to the idea. All in all, we're excited and enjoying the pup.
We are heading out to the Scio Sheepherding trials tomorrow, Sunday, and will try to say hi to everyone. Thanks again for the good advice and have a great summer everyone!
Thank you, David and family

post-16265-0-50968700-1400369302_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute pup! Did you make it to the trial yesterday? Too bad about the torrential rain...I ran just my young dog around noon and then headed for home.

Will look forward to hearing more about Jax!

Take care,

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Amy,

Yeah, we think he's pretty cute as well! Sorry for the late response, we've been a little busy all around while Jax gets accustomed to things. We were at the trial, however we saw a sign that said "No spectators." We watched from the road - but didn't get a great view. We were there at noon, I don't know if we saw you, but all the dogs looked great! Are there any other local trials you'll be running in, my family still wants to see a sheep trail (I don't know if watching from the road counts, I guess it does).

Thanks,

David

That sign was very unfortunate. It should have said "no spectator parking" because of all the rain and muddy conditions. You and your family could have walked in. I ran right around noontime and was very happy with my youngster Roy. I left very soon after - maybe I passed you parked on the road?

There will be another trial at the same location the weekend of July 11th. I believe the younger classes (Nursery and Pro-Novice) will run on Thursday the 10th, Open will be the 11th and 12th, and the top scorers from Friday and Saturday will compete in a double lift championship on Sunday. I won't be there this year, but my husband Ray will go with his good Open dog Jill.

I hope to be at a trial in Cottage Grove the following weekend. It's a good one as well! You can check for USBCHA sanctioned events at http://www.usbcha.com/sheep/upcoming_trials.html where contact info is often listed.

Now we need to see photos of Jax!!

Take care,

Amy

We probably should have walked in and asked if we could watch, our bad. My family looks forward to the trials over the next coming months! Photos? I'm starting to wonder if we've taken a few too many... Here's a few, but I'll put more in another post. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed to helping my family and me find a pup. Also, I want to point out he is a guy, he just likes to "dress" up.

Sincerely,

David

post-16265-0-82695800-1401847547_thumb.jpg

post-16265-0-92307500-1401847753_thumb.jpg