BC Boards

Looking for ideas for a Thankyou gift for my vets

We are going to be moving in about month (touch wood that the house sale closes) and I would like to take a thank you gift to my vets practise for the years of great service they have given my dogs over 18 years, it is a small practise just two vets and I would just like a small gift when I go over and get Rievaulxs records.

Any (inexpensive) ideas.

I was thinking a cake, but I don't really have time to make one, but cookies and brownies would be perfect... I want the gift to be for the whole office as the techs and ladies at the desk have been as much as part of the great experience as the vets, it is just a really nice low key practise. (I should add it is an all female practise)

How about doing something like planting a tree or donating to rescue in their name?

One client make us some pot holders and other items for our break room. That was nice and we do get a lot of use out of them.

We've received some creepy statues and paintings. Not a fan.

I always like to get books, but maybe I am a nerd. There are some great collections of short stories about animals. Makes for good reading when you need a break.

If you know them really well you can get things that go with their interests or hobbies. The old vet that I started working for love elephants and he enjoyed many strange elephant gifts.

Specialty coffees are a huge hit too.

What is the quality of the magazines/books in the waiting room? Maybe a subscription to a pet magazine that can be placed in the waiting room? My vet has great mags, and I never mind waiting a bit for my appointment since I like reading the mags. My previous vet had magazines that were about 5 years old. I was very bored while waiting there.

Might be out of your price range, but I bought a gift certificate for a nearby pizza house that delivered big enough to feed the (small) staff at my last vet lunch and sent it in a note that they should have lunch on us one day. They did just that and emailed me a photo.

Thanks for the ideas. Liz I thnk one of the problems with savory is they are not shelf stable, I can make you a really good pastry tray that does not need refrigeration but putting together the same quality savory tray it would need to live in the cooler, and as a chef the shelf stable stuff gives me the creeps!

One of the minor problems I have is the practise is wedged in its building, her office is also her exam room, the office manager has a cubicle in the waiting room and there is not a staff room in sight!