BC Boards

Hello from Mya and myself

I rescued Mya at 9 weeks, she is now nearly 6 months. She may be a mix although we were told both parents surrendered were bcs. She was the runt of the litter and I don't know what is average at this age but she is 15-1/2 inches tall, 17-1/2 inches long and weighs right under 20 pounds. She definitely does the crouch and gaze and is smart as can be.

Although at the moment she seems to be having a crazy hair period, almost like a ruffle around her neck and it looks like a hump on her back but it is actually hair. The hair on her back also seems to be turning a reddish brown color instead of the dark brown she has been up to now. Is this normal? The white on her tail is starting to get much longer and fuller underneath also.

post-16107-0-07586600-1394917151_thumb.jpeg

post-16107-0-88649700-1394917598_thumb.jpg

post-16107-0-95510600-1394917619_thumb.jpg

post-16107-0-15880000-1394917638_thumb.jpg

I cannot answer your questions but she is adorable!!!

Thank you I thought sure with the little puff ball we brought home, I would have a beautiful puffy dog, I didn't realize there were two different kinds and one was a short smooth coat, but we she is a wonderful dog (most of the time, she is starting to get into her michievious period I believe :)

Red dogs can be any color from orangey to a deep liver brown, so changing color isn't unusual. She could be a smooth coat, my favorite!

Welcome.

J.

How long are the smooth coats hair? Hers was very short but now she has like two ridges by her neck and on her back, and it is where she is getting longer hair than before. It is like 2 to 3 inches in length there now I would guess at length. but still short elsewhere, Her tail does seem to be getting thicker, she is getting fraying or fringing on her hind quarters and around her ears.