BC Boards

I Keep Freaking My Dog Out!!

My poor dog doesn't know what to make out of all this exciting Olympic hockey. That women's final earlier today was pretty wild and I was up down, moaning and groaning, and even crying (manlyish of course) at the end....tears of joy, mind you..

My little BC guy is SO sensitive to my emotions I really have to be careful to stifle my reactions for his sake. He's always quite concerned for me...haha....Any of you have the same experience?

Anyway...the men are playing later on so I'm afraid he's going to get another round of stress... :lol:

My gregarious old girl hates yelling. So when years ago the Germans played the US in the Soccer World Cup...she decided to go see the neighbor till it was done. Scared the shit out of me! But I never actually thought about that kind of yelling to be upsetting to any of my guys. They usually don't much care!

B Point, I know *exactly* what you are talking about! When hubby and I are watching our NFL team play (Go Ravens) Camden totally locks in on hubby and all of his reactions. For whatever reason he doesn't seem to care too much what I think, but when hubby reacts he just goes absolutely crazy. Camden will launch at (and off of) him and bark wildly when my husband is excited about a play OR pace nervously and sulk when my husband is frustrated with the way the game is going.

Pretty early on I realized we had a problem. I especially didn't like the dog launching off of and barking at him... that was pretty over the top. But we weren't going to stop watching football because we have a sensitive dog, either. I thought about crating him, but then I decided to go a different way. I'd let him join in the fun, but in a more controlled way. So, I went out and bought some fleece scraps in the team colors of the Baltimore Ravens and made Camden a couple of "touchdown tugs"! They only come out during Raven's games and now, when hubby gets super excited about a play, Camden will run and grab one of the tugs and we'll tug with him as we celebrate. It's worked well so far, although he still paces and sulks when our team is losing. ;)

camdennfltugs_zps01149e5f.jpg

Are all dogs like this or is this a BC thing!?!?

Haha! Those tugs are awesome, Camden's mom. My aussie used to be that way when I used to be into sports. Jack.. well, so far I know he doesn't like it when I'm sick and gets upset that my cat Moe wants to sit on me and give comfort. I got a lot of nose-in-the-face bonks this past weekend when I was trying to lay on the couch. Like, "hey. Hey. Mom, get up."

We haven't had him long enough to see if he reacts to sports or high emotions yet. Our kids get him pretty stirred up, and surprisingly he's great. I expected problems from my kids LOUDNESS but so far they all just get wound up and run around the house. He settles down when they do, thank God!

Lord forbid we raise our voices in argument. Dew won't stand for any yelling of that kind. If we play it's a different kind of bark or interruption that she does. But violence even with your voice just gets her wacked out! Not the same as correction but she does have issues if the other dogs chase the 4wheeler and I yell at them. I'm usually aggravated at them for chasing it so it's not a correction but a mad yell.

B Point, I know *exactly* what you are talking about! When hubby and I are watching our NFL team play (Go Ravens) Camden totally locks in on hubby and all of his reactions. For whatever reason he doesn't seem to care too much what I think, but when hubby reacts he just goes absolutely crazy. Camden will launch at (and off of) him and bark wildly when my husband is excited about a play OR pace nervously and sulk when my husband is frustrated with the way the game is going.

Pretty early on I realized we had a problem. I especially didn't like the dog launching off of and barking at him... that was pretty over the top. But we weren't going to stop watching football because we have a sensitive dog, either. I thought about crating him, but then I decided to go a different way. I'd let him join in the fun, but in a more controlled way. So, I went out and bought some fleece scraps in the team colors of the Baltimore Ravens and made Camden a couple of "touchdown tugs"! They only come out during Raven's games and now, when hubby gets super excited about a play, Camden will run and grab one of the tugs and we'll tug with him as we celebrate. It's worked well so far, although he still paces and sulks when our team is losing. ;)

camdennfltugs_zps01149e5f.jpg

Are all dogs like this or is this a BC thing!?!?

Beautiful pup and really nice tug toys...!!

Lord forbid we raise our voices in argument. Dew won't stand for any yelling of that kind. If we play it's a different kind of bark or interruption that she does. But violence even with your voice just gets her wacked out! Not the same as correction but she does have issues if the other dogs chase the 4wheeler and I yell at them. I'm usually aggravated at them for chasing it so it's not a correction but a mad yell.

It's funny, my wife and 11 year old daughter are always at it with each other...it's kinda their bonding thing... but the dog is totally indifferent to them going at it. If my wife and I have a "disagreement" the dog goes all weird and emotional. My wife's new mantra is .... "Let's not upset the dog".. haha..

My wife's new mantra is .... "Let's not upset the dog".. haha..

Ha! I always say "you're upsetting the dog!" when the husband starts yelling at the tv. Unfortunately Levi is stuck living with a Buffalo Bills and Sabres fan. There is a lot of frustrated yelling when hockey and football is on. He usually squirms his way into his lap and gives him the "I'm very concerned about you" look. If the game is going really bad, he'll leave the room until it's over.