BC Boards

Question About Pedigree

I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable with this thread, for two reasons.

First, Boards policy regarding negative posts about breeders walks a fine line. Any poster may post a negative opinion of an identified breeder if that opinion is based on publicly available information, such as the breeder's website. However, if the poster is claiming to be posting facts that s/he knows from personal experience, not matters of public record, s/he may not do so anonymously. In this case, the OP did not name the breeder, but others did, apparently based on private conversations with the OP. I am therefore removing the posts that provided this hearsay identification.

Second, the ABCA has a procedure for dealing with complaints about breeders. Its first step is for the ABCA president to determine if the complaint is credible enough to justify proceeding with an investigation. I am concerned about the entanglement of a public thread here on the Boards with that determination which must now be made.

The OP posted originally asking what she should do. She was advised to bring the matter to the ABCA. She has done so. I don't think further posting on the subject here would serve any good purpose, and I would not want it to be seen or portrayed as affecting the way the ABCA deals with this matter. I will therefore be closing the thread now.