BC Boards

Please Help! Scary Puppy Aggression Issues!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a person with a conscience, as the OP and her family obviously are, euthanasia is a heart-wrenching decision. I feel for Daybreak and her family, and wish them well as they recover emotionally from this roller-coaster ride and their honest attempts to understand Colt and make things work. I sincerely hope they are able to open their caring hearts to another dog or pup who is suited to their family - if that dog is a shelter or rescue dog, they can rest assured that they are saving a life and giving a needy dog a chance to be happy.

Oftentimes, a rescue that is older (young adult or adult) can be a very good choice because the dog is a known entity, having been fostered and evaluated. It might be something they'd like to consider. When a person has to let go of a dog, for whatever reason, it does open a possibility for another, equally-deserving dog to find that perfect home and bright future.

• 11 months later...

Well you're lucky enough that his aggression isn't that bad yet. It is normal for dogs especially pups to be aggressive because first of all they're animals and it's their nature and mechanism to defend themselves. The good news is, he's still young and aggression at this time is best controlled. We've had the same issues, both with my dogs and pups. It was indeed a disater! My dogs aggression were uncertain and it's like they could snap anytime. We've tried almost everything just to calm him and control his aggression. From books, classes, leash control, E-collars- none of them worked. I was almost hopeless when I strolled through the net and found this site [link removed by moderator]. I was doubtful at the first time, I have spent so much time, effort and MONEY for "guaranteed effective" products and promises. I really didn't dream of having the ideal, effective yet fun way to do dog training online. Please visit the page, you really need it. Best of luck!