BC Boards

best dogs in the world.....probably

I am new to this site and would just like to say for the last 5 years my life has been made much more enjoyable by my collie Ralph. I have had dogs in the past that I thought were intelligent but having Ralph is honestly like having a child in the house. Without me meaning to he picks up so many things. He now sleeps with us (on the bed, then off the bed, then back on the bed - little devil (i know we shouldnt but its his one indulgence)) and over the space of a week he learnt that when I say "right i'm going to bed" he runs up the stairs and lies outside the door waiting for me. And lately when I tell him he needs a bath i'll find him sat outside the bathroom anticipating his fate.... the only downside of having a dog like Ralph is that you have to be careful what you say in conversation. If he hears words like "down" or "stay" or as i say "bed" he now lies on the floor, or stays outside in the cold for hours or goes upstairs - i end up feeling guilty.

I just wanted to say that I hope you all get as much enjoyment from your collies as much as Ralph gives me.

All the best