BC Boards

Border Collie Mix Pup

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fan of puppies and have had "puppy remorse" with a few of mine. Quinn, being the busiest, naughtiest and least cuddly (I felt like I brought a coyote home), was the hardest for me. I couldn't even come up with a name for him the first two weeks. Fortunately, I always eventually fall in love with the puppy. The OP's pup is adorable and I hope the blues pass quickly.

Poor you guys! But it is not her fault after all. Fairly easy although annoying to treat. Hang in there. It will get better. Your vet will get you recommendations for meds. You may support her on a feeding and overall immune system level. Boost her immune system is what I am referring to. Just fostered a litter of pups that had it...not fun but far from critical.

How long til it goes away? i've already been trying to clean my house and I've quarantined the pup to her crate. I feel so terrible, she doesn't know why! I don't want to keep her in her crate for the next few weeks! The vet appointment is in an hour so I guess I'll get more answers then. The thing on her tail looks to be a "kerion" from what I've seen on google.

Funny how the pit bull face keeps being brought up because although my Marley is a full bred border collie, many people think she looks like she has pit bull in her. Her mom was a red and white long-haired BC and her dad was a short-haired black and white BC. Marley is a red and white, short-haired.

• 3 weeks later...