BC Boards

Sheepdog Trainers/Mentors in the Northeast

Vermont_BC

Hello!

I have enjoyed reading these forums for a few months now. I have a 6 month old BC pup, and I have loved every minute since I brought him home! I would love to introduce him to sheep (just an initial hello, what are these things) in the next few months, and I'm also keeping an eye out for someplace I can take him when he gets bigger for some coaching/mentoring (I'll be the first to admit I don't know a thing about herding). I've been to 2 trials in the Northeast, and I at least want to see how he takes to sheep. If anyone knows of places I might go or people I might talk to, please comment! I live near Burlington, VT but I would be willing to travel. I don't know if I've been bit by the bug yet, but I at least want to give him the opportunity. :-)

Thanks so much!

Danielle

post-15623-0-70695600-1387312817_thumb.jpg

Yep, those are the trials I attended. I feel odd just calling up random people on the Breeder's Directory, but it is a place to start. :)

The reason those people choose to be listed in the Breeders' Directory is because they are interested in people calling them up to ask, so call away! Rob and Betsy Drummond are in NH. You might try contacting them, and they might even be able to recommend someone closer to you who is not in the Breeders' Directory.

Are you on Facebook? You could join the NEBCA handlers tent and ask for recommendations. I think the closest people to you might be in Quebec. Check the breeders directory for NEBCA and just email or call. If they can't help you they will point you to someone who can.