BC Boards

On a lighter note...

Hi guys, just on a lighter note.

The pup in my "puppy catching\ killing sheep" posts' sis was sold to a family in town as a pet dog. She was not as "switched on" as the other two pups and not having had other interest in the pups at that time, I decided to "just do it". Gael landed with her puppy butt straight in the butter. Her family is clients at the pharmacy in town where dad locums, so I get frequent updates. The latest made me smile and think " Thank God, at least this one's safe and looked after". In the afternoons when her "daddy" (couple is childless, so she is the kid in the house) comes home she greets him at the front door, put her paws on his hips and "hugs" him. The she follows him till he sits down and then makes herself at home on his lap. Where she stays till she decides she's had enough of her "daddy's" attention when she will get off and lie down near him.

Glad her Dad knows how to appriciate a Border Collie hug!!

Quinn and I were visiting my 87 year old mother recently. He very gently put his paws first on her lap, then her shoulders while she kept exclaiming "What are you doing? You silly dog! What is he doing?" When I explained he wanted to hug, she rolled her eyes but gave him a brief embrace and he immediately dropped back down, both of them looking very pleased with the exchange. :wub:

Quinn and I were visiting my 87 year old mother recently. He very gently put his paws first on her lap, then her shoulders while she kept exclaiming "What are you doing? You silly dog! What is he doing?" When I explained he wanted to hug, she rolled her eyes but gave him a brief embrace and he immediately dropped back down, both of them looking very pleased with the exchange. :wub:

Gideon does this to my aunt who has Alzheimer's and rarely to me, but no one else.

Jess and Meg, The girls as I refer to them both LOVE hugging me. Especially when they're a little concerned about something. Like at the vets, they'll stand on their hind feet putting their front feet around my waist and holding on for dear life. Meg will climb as far as possible onto my mom's lap and insist mom scratch her ribs. Jelly Bean is a little more reserved, but kisses, my oh my!!!