BC Boards

Dog's Parents

jb777

Would anybody know any info on these 2 parents of my dog? Type? Or anything that you can see? I really like my dog's mix. just wondering if there is something to tell from photos? are they both Border Collies?

The first is the mother, and last is father.

post-15243-0-52768100-1377229590_thumb.jpg

post-15243-0-86657500-1377229601_thumb.jpg

I have 7 border collies. All purebred. Some smooth coated, some tris, some black and whites. All working dog lines. All work sheep with varying degrees of talent-open level to just marginally useful on the farm. All of them have totally different personalities. Some are twitchy and ADHD. Some are 100% Keep Calm and Carry On". Some are talkers, some are cuddly. Some are aloof. Even the daughter of one of them has a completely different personality from her mother. If you are hoping to somehow replicate your lost dog's personality, then I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.

Much like children, they are born individuals and they have their unique talents, concerns and foibles. Part of the fun of owning them is that they ARE so different- both in looks and personality.

^^This.

IMO, it's always a mistake to try to replace a dog. There's far too great a chance that you'll be disappointed and the dog will suffer for it.

I think it's great that you want to get another dog, but please, for the dog's sake as well as your own, be open to whatever and whoever that dog is.

Well I originally thought my dog was a border collie mix? So she was full border collie?

The Mom looks like a mix to me. I even thought she was a Mcnab?

It's impossible to tell w/ any certainty from a few pictures. Both dogs look BCish to me, but my first thought about the mum was that she was probably a mix. The father looks even more BC than the mother,but he could be a mix, too. Just not enough to be entirely sure from the pictures.

I didn't see where anyone was looking to replace a dog. I've read the op several times.

You guys bringing in another thread about replacing dogs sure confused the heck out of me! :blink:

It's not evident here, but jb777 has mentioned getting another dog in another thread titled "hemangiosarcoma/diet?"

Well she must of been a mix I think. At least the Mom looks mixed I agree. Those dogs would be long gone. The Mom was maybe 9 + and this was in 2005. Not sure how old the Dad was?

I put a lot of effort in finding my girl I lost. It's just one of those things like losing a child. It makes ya a little crazy. I won't be getting another dog for quite a while unfortunately.