BC Boards

The itching. Make it stop!

Just a note of caution for anyone who might want to use essential oils and mix stuff up themselves: if you have cats be aware that many essential oils are toxic to them.

J.

A lot of essential oils are extracted with harmful chemicals, so I would go so far as to say always use organic essential oils, too. That's why cats have problems with them. Cats are way more susceptible to any type of toxins.

I've heard raw diets can clear up a lot of allergies.... Just a thought. Also has anyone mentioned yet that it could be flea allergies? It's flea season! One of my border collies had this problem and I was against giving flea meds but I bit the bullet and did it cuz she was suffering and she cleared right up. :)

Raw or grain free isn't always a cure for itches. It didn't work at all for Shoshone, who was a unique dog in many ways. I was very disappointed that it didn't work for her, in fact made her coat very dull and made her lose weight to a dangerous extent. Put her back on kibble, (after 3 months on raw/grain free) and in a week she had shiny fur and was on her way to a good weight.

Each dog is individual. Hope you find something that helps Hoot.

Ruth and Agent Gibbs