BC Boards

zeutrin neutering - experiences, comments

gcv-border

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So looks like this procedure is now out and available. Although, I would guess the spread of it's usage will be very slow as a 5 hour training course is required for DVM's to perform the procedure. From what I can tell, the closest clinic to me is in Bend, Oregon.

• 2 years later...

I'm reopening this thread as I am fostering a 6 month old BC for rescue. This requires him to be neutered before placement. I've tested him on my sheep and the boy really wants to work. He will be professionally assessed by my trainer next month I am researching best options to minimize impact to his growth and development and future health issues. Any future input about this procedure? Versus vasectomy? He's from a CA breeder but so far that person hasn't contacted me. He is a dream puppy as far as temperament. I would love to see him go to a working or trialing home so please pm me if interested in knowing application procedure. I'm in NC btw.

It seems that it may not be currently available: http://www.zeuterin.com/

You may also want to investigate how much testosterone remains after zeutering. In poking around the 'net I see that it may only be 50%, or perhaps even less, which may defeat your intentions: https://www.facebook.com/zeuterin. Read the comments in the post from 9/8/15, though no citations are provided.

Thank you for your reply. I didn't think to check the manufacturer. A friend sent me the link to it on the SNAP-NC.org site. I have sent them an inquiry email. Yes, I saw the same thing about testosterone. Will check vasectomy next since there is a close source for that as well.