Jump to content
BC Boards

Warning: Cocoa Mulch

Recommended Posts

This just came across so pass it along.;


Cocoa Mulch is highly toxic to dogs and cats. The bag in question came from Target and had no warnings on the bag.


A young lab (case in point) ate some and then threw it up. Showed no signs of problems until the owner took it for a walk the next morning. He had a siezure and died instantly.


It's also sold at Home Depot and Foreman's Garden Supply as well as other garden stores.

It contains a lethal ingredident "Theobromine" that is lethal to dogs and cats. It smells like chocolate so is attractive to dogs.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...