BC Boards

previcox?

twitch, my 9 +/- y.o. acd/bc mix has a little arthritis in his back leg. we've been on rymidal with mixed results. the vet just changed us to previcox. I've just read some horror stories. what are your personal experiences? should we head back to rymidal or ride it out- she sold us a 2 month supply!

Being that rimadyl has it's own disadvantages, we have had decent luck with previcox as well.

I get the feeling that both are to be treated with caution but are effective in different instances.

thanks. when I got home tonight he was as frisky as a pup! hope this is a sign of things to come. will keep an eye out for side effects.

I've used it for a number of years. My dogs all work--sometimes more than others. For those times when we really push things (like working all day, and needing to be ready to go again the next day), my vet just keeps me stocked up with it, trusting that I will use it with discretion. It has always worked really well for all my dogs. I'm thinking I've used it on at least 5 or 6 different dogs over the years,

A

I use Previcox on my 9 + year old boy and my 8+ year old girl. I use it as needed. Somedays are more active than others and we have not had any problems. It makes them feel better for sure.