BC Boards

Border collie breeders for a performance dog in S. Ontario

• 3 months later...

I know I'm late to the party here but I just came upon this thread and wanted to provide some input on Hollowshot Border Collies. My Border Collie is from Hollowshot and although I love him to death, I wouldn't recommend the breeder as I wasn't really impressed with the overall experience. I got my Border Collie when he was 11 months old as, according to the breeder, he had been adopted as a puppy and then returned at around 9 months because the couple that adopted him broke up. Shortly after bringing him home he started behaving extremely aggressively towards people and so we called the breeder to perhaps get some advice or insight and additionally, to inquire about microchipping since she said she would microchip him if we got in touch and scheduled to come back sometime. I believe we called twice and never received a response either time. My testimonial was also removed from their website (it didn't say anything negative whatsoever so I didn't provoke that).

Now, I'm not saying their dogs are aggressive, that's not the point of this post, just to clarify. I don't know how my dog was raised prior to me getting him but he definitely had some issues however, he is a really smart and motivated dog and although it took a lot of work, we got over his aggression and he's super friendly and lovable now. So with that said, I know I didn't touch much on temperament or appearance but based on overall customer experience, I wasn't impressed by Hollowshot and as a result, I will not support them again. Maybe I'm asking for too much but I expect a certain level of professionalism and although I definitely got a professional sense initially, it seemed that once the money was exchanged, the dog and I were both out of Hollowshot consideration and I expect more than that from a reputable breeder.